Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104121 times)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.4
« Reply #1050 on: May 28, 2022, 09:29:25 PM »

Got a question about how all of the "deals an additional >damage< on impact" weapons work, such as the numeon heavy cannon. are the damages calculated one after the other? IE, the numeon, does the 200 HE from a single projectile shred armor, lessening the armor reduction for the additional 50 energy? For the numeon i'm sure its twofold with the fact its two projectiles instead of one, possibly leading to four total damage incidents?

Shinr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 03, 2022, 10:08:52 PM »

Patreon refuses to work for me for quite a while now.

Can you provide a mirror link for this and the Trailer Moments, please?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 10:13:13 PM by Shinr »

dotdotdot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 05, 2022, 02:48:24 PM »

What does activating hard mode in the settings do? Does the Legio get more aggressive/numerous?

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 06, 2022, 11:46:48 AM »

What does activating hard mode in the settings do? Does the Legio get more aggressive/numerous?

yep, it turns into anti-legio campaign

froppyfropfrop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 10, 2022, 02:18:38 PM »

I feel like as if the ships of the Great houses don't quite function, or feel? like they are supposed to after I tried really hard and repeatedly to actually observe and measure the effect. A component seems missing. I'm talking about the Kassador knight refit that alters timeflow at all times, not the za-wardudo system of the Izanami cruiser which works flawlessly.

Two observations:
Your fire rate or speed does not seem to measurably change from your perspective as a result of time dilation - so time dilation doesn't seem to make you "faster" from your own perspective regardless of whether timeflow is at 110% or 130%. Okay, this can make sense.

At the same time however, the changed frame of reference doesn't seem to be reflected either -- what I mean is, if, to me, 130% timeflow is "regular timeflow," (And I measured this with overdrive enabled since the effect should be most noticeable, then), every non kassadari ship should appear to be moving at 100/130, i.e. 76,9% speed relative to you, constant slight slow-motion. But neither of these things seem to be taking place when testing with only Tahlan, Magiclib and Lazylib enabled and the current build of SC. You're not moving faster nor firing faster, but your enemies/non-time-dilated ships are also not moving slower relative to you.

I recorded the game and measured my own and enemy rate of fire to observe whether anything changed, but nothing changed. Their rate of fire is the same, projectiles just as fast. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but everybody slowing down 9-25% around you is actually a quite noticeable effect if it takes place, which is what inspired me to try and measure it.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 02:26:24 PM by froppyfropfrop »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 19, 2022, 04:18:15 AM »

Finally getting some of the replicated weapons, and I'm noticing the small hybrids can't be fit into medium energy slots like most other hybrid weapons can.  Working as intended?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 19, 2022, 08:06:31 AM »

I feel like as if the ships of the Great houses don't quite function, or feel? like they are supposed to after I tried really hard and repeatedly to actually observe and measure the effect. A component seems missing. I'm talking about the Kassador knight refit that alters timeflow at all times, not the za-wardudo system of the Izanami cruiser which works flawlessly.

Two observations:
Your fire rate or speed does not seem to measurably change from your perspective as a result of time dilation - so time dilation doesn't seem to make you "faster" from your own perspective regardless of whether timeflow is at 110% or 130%. Okay, this can make sense.

At the same time however, the changed frame of reference doesn't seem to be reflected either -- what I mean is, if, to me, 130% timeflow is "regular timeflow," (And I measured this with overdrive enabled since the effect should be most noticeable, then), every non kassadari ship should appear to be moving at 100/130, i.e. 76,9% speed relative to you, constant slight slow-motion. But neither of these things seem to be taking place when testing with only Tahlan, Magiclib and Lazylib enabled and the current build of SC. You're not moving faster nor firing faster, but your enemies/non-time-dilated ships are also not moving slower relative to you.

I recorded the game and measured my own and enemy rate of fire to observe whether anything changed, but nothing changed. Their rate of fire is the same, projectiles just as fast. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but everybody slowing down 9-25% around you is actually a quite noticeable effect if it takes place, which is what inspired me to try and measure it.

It works properly, but the effect is simply not as big as you think it is in your perception. You can test it fairly easily by spawning two identical GH ships in sim, with one of them having forced overdrive and the other not, then ordering them to move to the same spot. Overdrive ship will be faster.

When piloting a GH ship, you will experience the time acceleration like with phase ships, meaning everything else is indeed slower. It's just not as noticable as you think it is.

Finally getting some of the replicated weapons, and I'm noticing the small hybrids can't be fit into medium energy slots like most other hybrid weapons can.  Working as intended?

Technically those are IndEvo, but it's intended behaviour, yes, since the replicated weapons count as ballistics rather than energies.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 19, 2022, 05:51:25 PM »

Technically those are IndEvo, but it's intended behaviour, yes, since the replicated weapons count as ballistics rather than energies.

No wonder I couldn't find the weapon entry.  Thanks.  The Rosenritter stuff is pretty sweet.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:53:08 PM by Brainwright »

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 19, 2022, 09:56:29 PM »

Was there a legio nerf? I'm like maybe two hours into my campaign and Luciferon just got invaded and taken by the diktat followed like 20 mins later by adralmech fortress by the LUDDIC CHURCH....

I was flabbergasted. Does this mean that Daemons wont spawn now with Luciferon gone?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 20, 2022, 11:22:53 PM »

Was there a legio nerf? I'm like maybe two hours into my campaign and Luciferon just got invaded and taken by the diktat followed like 20 mins later by adralmech fortress by the LUDDIC CHURCH....

I was flabbergasted. Does this mean that Daemons wont spawn now with Luciferon gone?

No major nerf in that regard, but Nex randomness can always happen,
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 22, 2022, 03:43:23 AM »

Also it likely depends on whether people are using legacy or new invasion system (some planets are nearly impossible for NPCs to take unassisted with new invasions).

Coil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 24, 2022, 01:22:42 AM »

Also it likely depends on whether people are using legacy or new invasion system (some planets are nearly impossible for NPCs to take unassisted with new invasions).

I have the latest version of nex with no settings modified. Would that be the reason? It seems weird since it feels like the legacy of arkgenis ship gets invaded every other cycle and is still kicking

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 24, 2022, 06:44:25 PM »

Huh. Successful NPC invasions of Lucifron should be basically unheard of, unless the NPC factions happened to have an operative sabotage their heavy batteries and/or planetary shield at the right time.

RNG gonna RNG I guess?

Alex_P

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 01, 2022, 10:56:37 AM »

I've somehow found 4x Project Silk in a single playthrough, and I am having a blast! Certainly because it's powerful but also because it reshapes your whole playstyle and loadout. Thank you so much, Nia, for many hours of fun.

Akrasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 05, 2022, 02:25:55 PM »

Is there a way to obtain Legio automated ships other than recovering them from battles? I haven't seen any of them pop up in the markets, and they're not available from Legio nanofab opportunites so far as I can tell.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 111