Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104206 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.4
« Reply #1005 on: April 16, 2022, 01:23:40 PM »

With all due respect Alex, where would be a good place for discussing this, it seems that this thread would be the best place given it was this mod the code was snuck in to? Perhaps it would best if you put out a blanket statement somewhere visible to address the issue as I fear any attempts to silence the discussion may be seen as an attempt to cover for Nia.

You can start another thread in the Modding subforum if you really feel the need to talk about this, as long as it refrains from personal attacks etc. I don't personally see much point, though - per this:

Alright, went ahead and rushed this along so people can have their peace of mind.

It looks like Nia already backed out the code in question, and pretty much the relevant points have already been made in this thread in the last couple of pages, so this super feels like beating a dead horse. I certainly don't want to see this thread devolve into a rehash of those points, especially since it's a topic that's already taken up a bunch of my time on moderating behavior that's not acceptable on this forum. This was a reasonable question to ask, but anything further on that topic in this thread will simply be deleted, and warnings may be issued depending on the content.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 16, 2022, 03:01:04 PM »

Now, to change the topic of the conversation a bit, I had a quick and probably dumb lore question for you, Nia.

I saw that the Legio had planetary shields on pretty much all their starting colonies. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but since it's supposed to be some kind of lost tech unknown to the secor at large, is there something in their lore that explains why they get to use it? Or is it purely to make the faction more challenging to invade, even if they shouldn't really have it?
If there's no actual lore on it, I would still guess that it'd make sense for some legio fleets to discover another red planet and get a hold of one of those blueprints before the player but... I guess it can't hurt to ask you directly!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 03:41:12 PM by A_Random_Dude »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 16, 2022, 03:46:58 PM »

There's some handwavey lore, but ultimately it's mainly a gameplay measure to make the Legio planets tough to crack. I've been meaning to replace them with something better themed down the line, but it's always been somewhat low priority. Everything involving Legio is gameplay- rather than lore-driven.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 17, 2022, 02:26:16 AM »

I'm sorry to bother you. Please forgive me for being annoying .May I ask your permission to translate your 'Tahlan Shipworks ' into chineses ? then upload to a Chinese forum,sure,it's free for everyone

Yeah, sure. Strings should all be externalised. No need to translate any of the Legio siege classes, they are deprecated and will be removed soon.
thanks dude

Axetongler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 18, 2022, 01:35:19 AM »

So now, I can safely play this mod without any fear of wacky interaction between other mods that might make my gameplay strange?
I'm kinda scared, wish I can get a confirmation.

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 18, 2022, 03:34:56 AM »

So now, I can safely play this mod without any fear of wacky interaction between other mods that might make my gameplay strange?
At least I thought it was stable and didn't report any errors because of it

Axetongler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 18, 2022, 03:48:06 AM »

At least I thought it was stable and didn't report any errors because of it
Ah I mean, more balancing things. hidden multiplier and all such which can not be known from player perspectives.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 18, 2022, 08:00:25 AM »

yes
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Axetongler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 18, 2022, 09:30:14 AM »

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 18, 2022, 04:04:12 PM »

I really love the Kassadari aesthetic

i.e. Uh, Black
And Gray

And orange

I can't explain but something about a Gardarail firing makes me Feel Feelings I didn't know I was capable of

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 19, 2022, 09:08:50 PM »

-I was told by somebody that you included a piece of code in your mod that tampers with my mod stats (Superweapons) when combined with/against your ships/mod content, i didn't care but decided to take a look anyway.
-In java file "tahlan_DaemonCore" located in data/scripts/hullmods/.. lines between 200-202 i quote:

Code
// If you're not balancing your mods, I'll just counterbalans
if (weapon.getId().contains("sw_") || weapon.getId().contains("HIVER_")) {
damage.setDamage(damage.getDamage() * 0.25f);
-As far is i understand this line of code reduces all damage taken from "any" superweapon by 75%, i like that as a feature for some ships to counter my weapons but your comment shows that you think i don't care about my mod or it's balance.
-I am not offended despite being told that you also bad mouth my mod on discord from time to time, it's your right to dislike something, but what you have done in your mod is very dangerous, when you write a piece of code that completely shuts down someone elses work it affects people's experience without giving them a choice in the matter, if you think my work is unbalanced that's fine, but you can't force that thought over other people by modifying stuff within your files.
-Remember that it's people who make the choice of using our mods, if they think that "Superweapons" is bad they simply don't use it and i am completely fine with that.
-I just hope that you don't start a trend where every modder would go and write something in their files that changes how someone else mod work because they don't like said mod or it's balance.
Note: I still like all of your mods and will keep using them without modifying anything.

~Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 12:22:59 AM by Mira Lendin »
^^

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 20, 2022, 03:56:47 AM »

-I was told by somebody that you included a piece of code in your mod that tampers with my mod stats (Superweapons) when combined with/against your ships/mod content, i didn't care but decided to take a look anyway.
-In java file "tahlan_DaemonCore" located in data/scripts/hullmods/.. lines between 200-202 i quote:
Code

// If you're not balancing your mods, I'll just counterbalans
if (weapon.getId().contains("sw_") || weapon.getId().contains("HIVER_")) {
damage.setDamage(damage.getDamage() * 0.25f);

-As far is i understand this line of code reduces all damage taken from "any" superweapon by 75%, i like that as a feature for some ships to counter my weapons but your comment shows that you think i don't care about my mod or it's balance.
-I am not offended despite being told that you also bad mouth my mod on discord from time to time, it's your right to dislike something, but what you have done in your mod is very dangerous, when you write a piece of code that completely shuts down someone elses work it affects people's experience without giving them a choice in the matter, if you think my work is unbalanced that's fine, but you can't force that thought over other people by modifying stuff within your files.
-Remember that it's people who make the choice of using our mods, if they think that "Superweapons" is bad they simply don't use it and i am completely fine with that.
-I just hope that you don't start a trend where every modder would go and write something in their files that changes how someone else mod work because they don't like said mod or it's balance.
Note: I still like all of your mods and will keep using them without modifying anything.

~Have a nice day.

So... I take it that all the "anti-other-mods" lines of code weren't, in fact, removed in the official release? Just the ones people found themselves? Or is it just the beta's code you're using here?
If that mod still tampers with my game experience without telling me, I think I'll just reconsider using it at all. Which would be a shame, since I otherwise really like what it has to offer.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 04:02:58 AM by A_Random_Dude »

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 20, 2022, 04:11:00 AM »

Some of the lines i wrote are crossed since i was giving my opinion on a matter that has ended with the newest version of the mod.
^^

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 20, 2022, 04:14:32 AM »

Oh I see. Fine then!

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 21, 2022, 02:46:10 PM »

I dont get the outcry from the drama llamas - as long as this mod isn't actively interfering with others, I dont see why they couldn't make their OWN stuff resistant to say, superweapons.   It's not breaking your game, or the other mod, and if you really need that crutch and can't stand the thought of fighting ONE faction without it, you can always just disable Legio..

But it's w/e.   Still my favorite!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 04:05:18 PM by nukularpower »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 111