Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1105194 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.7.6 - Flakky Wideboi
« Reply #915 on: January 07, 2022, 06:26:34 AM »

As Tart said, I intend to convert them all at some point, but that's a fair bit of work and I'm rather busy these days, so no ETA on that.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 07, 2022, 10:50:17 PM »

Ok so I saw the AI do a little phase-skip in a lostech frig...but its stated ship-power is a flux-explosion.
How does one do the phase-skip?

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 07, 2022, 11:29:22 PM »

Ok so I saw the AI do a little phase-skip in a lostech frig...but its stated ship-power is a flux-explosion.
How does one do the phase-skip?
That's not a manually trigger-able thing, it occurs on taking enough damage in a short period of time.
Lostech ships also have a few neat tricks up their sleeves, which imo are more than sufficient compensation for the very narrow shield arc.

dampbacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 09, 2022, 06:17:08 PM »

is there a way to force the derelict spawns with sector generation? i've checked my last couple of games with commands but no nirvanna class spawns only, i've read somewhere it's not guaranteed for the lostech derelicts to spawn?

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 10, 2022, 06:03:17 AM »

snip
That's not a manually trigger-able thing, it occurs on taking enough damage in a short period of time.
Lostech ships also have a few neat tricks up their sleeves, which imo are more than sufficient compensation for the very narrow shield arc.
I noticed the...durability effect as well. I'm beginning to believe the rumors.

is there a way to force the derelict spawns with sector generation? i've checked my last couple of games with commands but no nirvanna class spawns only, i've read somewhere it's not guaranteed for the lostech derelicts to spawn?

If that's true, you could use a command to spawn one- maybe do an IRL coin-flip (except with a d100 perhaps) for it every 30 light years traveled in-game? Grab a 13-burn exploration frigate and go 'hunting' on the fringe!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 06:09:22 AM by Grizzlyadamz »

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 26, 2022, 10:34:25 PM »

So I've been having a problem for a little while with Legio eating the entire sector for breakfast while I'm busy with other things, Sindia is already long gone and Tri Tach isn't looking too healthy in my save atm. Is there some setting or other I can tweak to make it a bit easier for factions to defend themselves against Legio in particular? So far all other fleets seem to be acting normal in that there seems to be a 50/50 chance that they may or may not conquer whatever planet they're invading, but unless I'm there with my entire fleet of multiple capitals and support craft, the Legio fleets flatten the defenders every time and take over their planet. I've tried simply taking back everything, but tedium aside, this results in Saturation bombardments reducing the colonies to ash, so it's ultimately futile. So is there anything I can do to balance them out a bit other than going planet to planet and taking them out? I'd rather not face that process again. I've been loving the mod otherwise, and really don't want to just turn off LI since they're one of the few factions I take seriously when fighting.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 27, 2022, 04:54:08 AM »

So I've been having a problem for a little while with Legio eating the entire sector for breakfast while I'm busy with other things, Sindia is already long gone and Tri Tach isn't looking too healthy in my save atm. Is there some setting or other I can tweak to make it a bit easier for factions to defend themselves against Legio in particular? So far all other fleets seem to be acting normal in that there seems to be a 50/50 chance that they may or may not conquer whatever planet they're invading, but unless I'm there with my entire fleet of multiple capitals and support craft, the Legio fleets flatten the defenders every time and take over their planet. I've tried simply taking back everything, but tedium aside, this results in Saturation bombardments reducing the colonies to ash, so it's ultimately futile. So is there anything I can do to balance them out a bit other than going planet to planet and taking them out? I'd rather not face that process again. I've been loving the mod otherwise, and really don't want to just turn off LI since they're one of the few factions I take seriously when fighting.

Legio have, by design, inflated fleet sizes to allow them to remain a challenge to the player, which is more or less hardcoded. The best suggestion I could make would be to go to data/config/exerelinFactionConfig/tahlan_legioninfernalis and lower their invasionPointMult which will reduce the frequency of invasions. I have a handful of ideas in mind that might at a later point change how I handle their invasion strength to give defending factions a bit more of a chance while retaining their capability against other players, but right now I've got a few other things cooking that need finishing first.

Jotun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 27, 2022, 05:37:41 AM »

I had a similar issue. My way to deal with it in game was simply to take their toys: go to Lucifron, use an operative to disable the shields, invade, take all the cores and the forge, keep the colony or give it to another faction. Rinse and repeat for the entire system. After that, Legio just crumbled and never recovered. It is extremely tedious though (it does give you some nice loot for your trouble).

Caveat: it may be already too late in your game (especially if they already have several massive markets with pristine nanoforge).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:42:00 AM by Jotun »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 27, 2022, 06:38:09 AM »

What Jotun mentions is quite correct. Legio strength is very reliant on their home system which provides them a number of buffs, so cutting off the snake's head is the most efficient way of stopping them.

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2022, 07:05:23 AM »

Ok, in my save I'm currently occupying their home worlds and I let them take back the fortress in the system. I'm not sure how much of a difference I noticed in fleet strength, but when I was taking Luciforn they did sue for a cease fire as I was invading so I guess it did something. Maybe to help with the tediousness I'll try sending out fleets to do part of the work, especially the invasion bit as I find that the most tedious

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2022, 07:20:25 AM »

Ok, in my save I'm currently occupying their home worlds and I let them take back the fortress in the system. I'm not sure how much of a difference I noticed in fleet strength, but when I was taking Luciforn they did sue for a cease fire as I was invading so I guess it did something. Maybe to help with the tediousness I'll try sending out fleets to do part of the work, especially the invasion bit as I find that the most tedious

You're kinda meant to take full advantage of Nex's features in dealing with them, yeah.

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2022, 07:23:00 AM »

You're kinda meant to take full advantage of Nex's features in dealing with them, yeah.

Fair enough :P but I only learned about the fleets thing a few days ago lol it's been kinda handy for guarding things while they get their defenses back up, but I've it used it for anything else yet. I've just been doing everything myself until now

Jotun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2022, 08:24:01 AM »

Fair enough :P but I only learned about the fleets thing a few days ago lol it's been kinda handy for guarding things while they get their defenses back up, but I've it used it for anything else yet. I've just been doing everything myself until now

It is fantastic to take down stations when you may not have quite the right ships at hand but lots of money sitting on your bank account.

I have to say, I was very salty about Legio BS in this run but it is very nice to have to use all the options in Nex to take them down (I guess I'm just not a huge fan of Chad pirates being the faction to take out that way but YMMV). Especially the sabotaging shields with an operative.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 30, 2022, 07:39:35 PM »

well, i'm not quite sure if its the invasion of mayasura, or of tibicena so i'll post this in both threads
actually this might be iron shell

Spoiler
189153 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  - Updating rebellion on Tibicena: day 40
189153 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Stability: 0.0
189153 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Initial force strengths: 216.70895, 176.6397
189153 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Government engagement strength: 17.24658
189153 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel engagement strength: 12.068234
189154 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Updated force strengths: 216.36446, 175.51845
189154 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Conflict intensity: 25.545357
189379 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  - Updating rebellion on Mairaath: day 133
189379 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Stability: 0.0
189379 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Initial force strengths: 192.7756, 70.44268
189379 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Government engagement strength: 17.18594
189379 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel engagement strength: 8.586287
189380 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Updated force strengths: 192.77628, 69.153404
189380 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Conflict intensity: 15.277426
189933 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Ailmar to Charon Processing Plant
190161 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Domain-era Probe, faction: pirates
191017 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SystemBountyIntel  - Starting bounty at market [Lucifron], 1800 credits per frigate
191186 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.SurveyPlanetMissionIntel  - Created SurveyPlanetMissionIntel: The Imp, faction: Hegemony
191314 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Citadel Arcadia to Korovin
192175 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Sivie to Kapteyn Starworks
192424 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Dangerous fleet count: 3
192424 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Dangerous fleet count: 3
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  - Updating rebellion on Tibicena: day 41
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Stability: 0.0
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Initial force strengths: 216.36446, 175.51845
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Government engagement strength: 16.493303
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel engagement strength: 14.948279
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Updated force strengths: 215.69429, 174.61653
192491 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Conflict intensity: 25.432617
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  - Updating rebellion on Mairaath: day 134
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Stability: 0.0
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Initial force strengths: 192.77628, 69.153404
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Government engagement strength: 15.048723
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Rebel engagement strength: 6.8622236
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Updated force strengths: 192.84248, 67.991646
192727 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.rebellion.RebellionIntel  -   Conflict intensity: 15.132206
193653 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Domain-era Probe, faction: Hegemony
193831 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetRouteManager  - Added trade fleet route from Port Tse Franchise Station to Cydonia
194066 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.groundbattle.GBUtils  - Setting garrison damage for Tibicena: 0.283
194072 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [campaign_music_part_2_v28.ogg]
194081 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.public  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
194356 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.public  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
194356 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
194454 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Math.floorDiv(II)I
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.Math.floorDiv(II)I
   at data.scripts.eis_modPlugin$MarketCheckTariffs4.reportEconomyMonthEnd(eis_modPlugin.java:514)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEconomyMonthEnd(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfMonthStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 07:50:20 PM by Killsode »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 31, 2022, 02:52:00 AM »

eis_ is Iron Shell