Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104122 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.7.3 - Hammerheaderer
« Reply #855 on: September 10, 2021, 03:59:09 PM »

Were the relic ships removed? in my latest run i havent encountered a single one, or even any of their weapons.

no
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 10, 2021, 11:39:04 PM »

They weren't removed, but are no longer guaranteed to spawn.

CoolTater27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 13, 2021, 09:36:33 AM »

I am having issues starting the game with this mod enabled. The game does not load and a message box says "Fatal: Ship hell spec [tahlan_Castigator_NC] not Found!" I have not tried to edite any of the files

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 13, 2021, 02:26:49 PM »

I am having issues starting the game with this mod enabled. The game does not load and a message box says "Fatal: Ship hell spec [tahlan_Castigator_NC] not Found!" I have not tried to edite any of the files

Did you delete the old version of the mod before updating?
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

CoolTater27

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 13, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

I just deleted the mod from the list then reinstalled it. That seems to have solved the issue and the game loaded up fine

OzOnyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 13, 2021, 06:23:46 PM »

That reminds me, the Cinderblade has definitely removed any lingering sadness I had over the death of the GH Castigator.

It's beautiful and fun.

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 24, 2021, 06:44:31 AM »

So... What and where are Regalia?

I've searched this mod's forum page top to bottom about
Spoiler
regalia
[close]
. I found and restored the
Spoiler
2 special Rosenritter ships
[close]
already, and they their descriptions and hullmods talk a lot about these
Spoiler
"regalia"
[close]
, and I've seen talk of it here, but all I got are blueprints for some frigates and destroyers referred to as
Spoiler
mobile armors
[close]

I then resorted to looking through the mod files, and I still can't find any
Spoiler
regalia
[close]
hulls or fighters, and I did skim through the variants, but there's a LOT of variants, too many to sift through for this.
So, I figured I ask about it here. Any info would be appreciated!

P.S. Sorry I don't know how to do the spoiler type that is just a gray box over the text. Didn't see any button for that, so this spoiler type will just have to do.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:47:14 AM by Space_Lettuce_OG »

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 24, 2021, 07:38:24 AM »

The Regalia are the Mobile Armour Destroyer and Frigates plus the fighters you got from Halbmonds BP.

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 24, 2021, 09:00:41 AM »

The Regalia are the Mobile Armour Destroyer and Frigates plus the fighters you got from Halbmonds BP.

Thanks for the info!

Now, I got 1 last question, if ya don't mind...
When it says the regalia gantry "services" regalia, What does that mean?

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 24, 2021, 09:25:55 AM »

Timeless Prototype class drone mother ship.

Spoiler
Found these blueprints and it seems to belong to this mod. It the most beautiful ship I've ever seen, but I doubt it's worth the 70 DP and 1.5 million building price tag. It's also worth 5 million or 250,000 points to Nex's BP trader.  (25 capital ship plans can be bought for that). In 1v1 battle against a paragon on auto it lost just barely, but paragon is 60dp and half a million.

Anyone have any experience with this ship? These plans are sitting in my storage for now.
[close]

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 24, 2021, 12:28:36 PM »

Timeless Prototype class drone mother ship.

Spoiler
Found these blueprints and it seems to belong to this mod. It the most beautiful ship I've ever seen, but I doubt it's worth the 70 DP and 1.5 million building price tag. It's also worth 5 million or 250,000 points to Nex's BP trader.  (25 capital ship plans can be bought for that). In 1v1 battle against a paragon on auto it lost just barely, but paragon is 60dp and half a million.

Anyone have any experience with this ship? These plans are sitting in my storage for now.
[close]

Yep, it's one of my must have ships in the fleet just because of how it looks, but you are right,

Spoiler
it's pretty much broken. Looks beautiful, but its performance and special weapons are so-so at best, definitely not worth the deployment and maintenance price. Especially because its system seems to not be currently working: it has a visual effect, but nothing really happens in the game. Going by the description it's supposed to slow down time like phase ships (or better said, like kassadari ones), but it doesn't. Which is why I edited it in the files to have at least quite some more OP so I can kit it out manually to be worth it. Reducing its cost would have been viable too, but I like the idea of it being very unique and thus very expensive.

Apparently, the automated version of it can appear with the remnant fleets if you set it to in the mod config file, as the feature is turned off by default.

BTW, if you haven't found it yet, keep your eyes open for the Izanami cruiser (can be either a Vayra bounty or, if you don't have Vayra's bootleg installed, it can appear on Prism with Nexerelin). Its system is pretty similar and does work as intended, and while it's not as alien looking as the Timeless, it's another work of art (and cool to fly: very powerful but needs some piloting skills, so you have fun while controlling it).
[close]

Honestly, many of Tahl's ships are among the most beautiful you can find in the Starsector modding scene. If you like ballistics/lt, go with his Great Houses ships from this mod, if you prefer energy/ht with his Scalartech faction: you can't go wrong.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:42:29 PM by Kadatherion »

StrikeEcho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 24, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »

Thanks for the info!

Now, I got 1 last question, if ya don't mind...
When it says the regalia gantry "services" regalia, What does that mean?
Okay, the Regalia have high maintenance costs, with the gantry the costs go down. That's it.

Space_Lettuce_OG

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 24, 2021, 12:50:07 PM »

Ahhh, nice! Thanks again!

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 24, 2021, 09:30:04 PM »

Thanks. Since I went from like 6 mods in version .91 to 40 mods in .95 I'm unfamiliar with too much, I restarted in .95 after a couple days when Vayla's Bootleg was released and also got ship and weapons pack, and really it's an amazing amount of stuff going on. I'm going to use the BP to fund a library of capitals so I get to play with all of it.  ;D

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 24, 2021, 09:36:52 PM »

Okay, the Regalia have high maintenance costs, with the gantry the costs go down. That's it.

fun fact, the ship with the gantry can be mothballed and it still works
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 111