Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104577 times)

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.7 - SUNDEREST!
« Reply #795 on: June 18, 2021, 05:10:02 PM »

As an aside, that's one hell of a game version this update requires :V

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 18, 2021, 07:54:13 PM »

As an aside, that's one hell of a game version this update requires :V

Nice.

DeusVauly

• Ensign
  • a happy amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 19, 2021, 06:49:03 PM »

Question, how are you supposed to find the Rosenritter quest, I had a super long vanilla game with the 0.5 version of this mod and never found it. I did find 1 Rosenritter derelict after going through about 50% of the explorable star systems, but nothing else from them. 

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 19, 2021, 09:05:51 PM »

Question, how are you supposed to find the Rosenritter quest, I had a super long vanilla game with the 0.5 version of this mod and never found it. I did find 1 Rosenritter derelict after going through about 50% of the explorable star systems, but nothing else from them.

How it works specifically is this:

Spoiler
The Halbmond will always be somewhere in a black hole system; check all of the black holes in your game if you want to find it, and remember to check close-ish orbit as well as other major landmarks. Once you recover the Halbmond, keep it in your fleet to begin the "quest", which is unlocking the various blueprints. You will unlock BPs as time passes, and the time required depends on how many skill points you've put into Science (with a good speed being at around 3 or 4). You will unlock things in four stages: the Glanzwurf frigate mobile armors and some very basic weapons, the Silberblut destroyer mobile armors along with the fighters and the medium weapons, the Mondlicht cruiser and Nachtgesang battlecruiser along with the large weapons, and then finally the plans for the Halbmond itself if you want to build more. After you unlock the Halbmond blueprint, the quest is "complete", with the final message pointing you toward an "object of interest" to be found in a random system in a random constellation; this will be the Traumtänzer command battlecruiser. Once you recover the Traum, you've found/unlocked all of the Rosenritter content. And no, you don't get a blueprint for the Traum; treat the one you find with care!

And as an aside, note that while the quest provides a hint for where to find the Traumtänzer, the Traum is not specifically a "quest spawn"; its location is determined when the seed is rolled, and it is entirely possible to stumble upon it independently before you even find the Halbmond.
[close]

And as a less spoiler note, the one questline and what is involved is all the current Rosenritter content in the mod. The hidden Codex entries for the ships can feel a little confusing because they refer to the Rosenritter in the present tense, but I'm guessing that's just meant by Nia to reflect the info you find during the quest; the info you get would be written from the perspective of the RR being a going concern, even when in the modern sector they very much are not. While the current quest/mod never lingers on it for too long, it's possible to piece together what happened in spoiler territory:
Spoiler
It appears that the Rosenritter, or at least the division that owned the Halbmond and Traumtänzer you find, were being rotated in to serve and/or collaborate with the Great Houses of Kassadar when the Collapse occurred. The full-length description of the Traum then explains precisely what happened to the RR who were stuck in the Sector in C+1; needless to say, there are no surviving Rosenritter in the modern Sector.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 09:34:38 PM by SpaceDrake »

ayylmao4lulz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 20, 2021, 01:06:46 AM »

Update 0.7 - Sunderest time

New boat, Izanami makeover, fun stuff all around!

Download and changelog here

Hey Tahl fyi, you've got a casing bug where the resource named
Code
tahlan_skyrend_cover_Normal.png
is saved as
Code
tahlan_skyrend_cover_normal.png
, preventing the game form loading on case-sensitive file-systems.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 20, 2021, 01:35:28 PM »

Yes, I'm aware, will have it "fixed" in the next update. It's not really a bug since I never promised compatibility with special snowflake filesystems :V

(Frankly, if you're using Linux you should be smart enough to fix these things yourself anyhow)
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 20, 2021, 03:47:14 PM »

Very nice mod with some super cool botes, but I found a bug in the tahlan_StormDriveAI script.

Line 71:
Code
return (MathUtils.getShortestRotation(angleToTarget, ship.getFacing()) <= DEGREES);
This will always return true on the ships left arc, as it produces a negative rather than positive value in that instance and as such will always be lower than the degrees value.

Solution:
Code
return (Math.abs(MathUtils.getShortestRotation(angleToTarget, ship.getFacing())) <= DEGREES);

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 20, 2021, 04:00:59 PM »

Very nice mod with some super cool botes, but I found a bug in the tahlan_StormDriveAI script.

Line 71:
Code
return (MathUtils.getShortestRotation(angleToTarget, ship.getFacing()) <= DEGREES);
This will always return true on the ships left arc, as it produces a negative rather than positive value in that instance and as such will always be lower than the degrees value.

Solution:
Code
return (Math.abs(MathUtils.getShortestRotation(angleToTarget, ship.getFacing())) <= DEGREES);
True, since the game treats left angle as a negative value, you will have to get the absolute value of it.
^^

err0r

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 20, 2021, 04:15:31 PM »

Hi. My game is crashing while i using a Metafalica's Phira cannons in the 1st mode (energy shells), all other modes works fine. Not sure if it is a mod bug or just a incompatibility with anoter mods...

There's a error message from game log:
Spoiler
535325 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.plugins.MagicTrailPlugin.AddTrailMemberAdvanced(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;FLcom/fs/starfarer/api/graphics/SpriteAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;FFFFFFFLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;FFFFIIFFFLorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Ljava/util/Map;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineLayers;F)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: data.scripts.plugins.MagicTrailPlugin.AddTrailMemberAdvanced(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;FLcom/fs/starfarer/api/graphics/SpriteAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;FFFFFFFLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;FFFFIIFFFLorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Ljava/util/Map;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEngineLayers;F)V
   at data.scripts.weapons.tahlan_PhiraOnHitEffect.onHit(tahlan_PhiraOnHitEffect.java:46)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.MovingRay.notifyDealtDamage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.super.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.E.A.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 20, 2021, 04:18:52 PM »

Hi. My game is crashing while i using a Metafalica's Phira cannons in the 1st mode (energy shells), all other modes works fine. Not sure if it is a mod bug or just a incompatibility with anoter mods...

There's a error message from game log:
Are you using the latest version of MagicLib? If in doubt, re-download from the following thread:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13718.0

err0r

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 20, 2021, 05:39:34 PM »

Are you using the latest version of MagicLib? If in doubt, re-download from the following thread:

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13718.0
Thanks, it helped

EadTaes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 20, 2021, 06:15:41 PM »

I need some guidance on the Rosenritter quest you get from carrier. I got all the tech it has it says and told me their is something in a certain constellation. I've search every system and even tried searching for secret jump point like the one to get to alpha site. How ever have 4 hours of searching I would really appreciate a pointer of what I'm looking for.

EDIT: after searching the changelog I have to ask is the Traumtänzer the thing I am searching for? If so I found it ages ago. Actually found it in my like my 3rd or 4th searched system. Found the carrier only recently.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 06:27:24 PM by EadTaes »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 21, 2021, 12:26:08 AM »

EDIT: after searching the changelog I have to ask is the Traumtänzer the thing I am searching for? If so I found it ages ago. Actually found it in my like my 3rd or 4th searched system. Found the carrier only recently.

Yes, the Traum is the "item of interest". As I noted in the spoilers, while the quest will point to it, it is not a "quest spawn" as such, and you can very easily stumble across it in the course of normal exploration, as its location is determined when the seed is rolled.

CrescentQuill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 21, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »

Obligatory question: is it safe to update to 0.7 in the middle of a run?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 06:26:17 PM by CrescentQuill »

SpaceDrake

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 21, 2021, 08:47:09 PM »

Obligatory question: is it safe to update to 0.7 in the middle of a run?

Yep, should be. It's not the hugest update, and it mostly adds the new ship and tweaks balance numbers. Don't expect the Skybreak to show up in fleets or in Prism for a while, though.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 111