Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104251 times)

elszilard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.6
« Reply #720 on: April 29, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »

Any chance you can fix the rosenritter blueprints? as far as i understand if you get the carrier you will slowly get blueprints from researching it. in game it said it depends on my technology skill so im assuming it still calculates research time like in 0.91 when you could level up "technology" itself not just the perks in it

DARK170

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 29, 2021, 01:16:25 PM »

Any chance you can fix the rosenritter blueprints? as far as i understand if you get the carrier you will slowly get blueprints from researching it. in game it said it depends on my technology skill so im assuming it still calculates research time like in 0.91 when you could level up "technology" itself not just the perks in it

What do you mean Researching Blueprints? From what I know there is nothing like that in this mod or in the game, if i'm wrong please explain to me how it worked before it broke.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 29, 2021, 02:19:06 PM »

Before asking for fixes, maybe check whether it's actually broken first. The quest has already been adjusted for the new skills and now scales based on how far into the technology tree you are.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Jazuke Taizago

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 30, 2021, 12:11:44 AM »

Just letting you know, Nia Tahl. I keep crashing when i add Small Ballistics on the Great Houses Dun Scaith. I found a lines in the log and created a thread in the Bug Reports and Support to get help. For the time being, i'll refrain from screwing with that lovely sexy Ship, until i've found a solution to the problem.

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 30, 2021, 01:44:36 PM »

Make sure youre not going over 25 weapons then auto grouping the weapons up.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 30, 2021, 11:40:28 PM »

Something has been bothering me about the Rosenritter ships, they cost quite alot to be deployed, like one of the battlecruisers cost 70 points to deploy and the regalia's cost 25. Is this intended? Considering the max deployment is 240.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 01, 2021, 12:54:32 AM »

Something has been bothering me about the Rosenritter ships, they cost quite alot to be deployed, like one of the battlecruisers cost 70 points to deploy and the regalia's cost 25. Is this intended? Considering the max deployment is 240.

yes

benito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 04, 2021, 09:34:57 AM »

I believe that 70 points is that missile battlecruiser, which is way to weak to justify 70 points. I mean, you can have nearly 2 XIV Legion BC with 4 large missile hardpoints for this price, or ~3 Regalia. And, considering that player piloted Regalia can 1 vs 1 front to front outgun Onslaught, it is always a better choice to pick ~3 Regalia, and not pick any Rosenritter Battleships.

However i usually pick that 50 points Rosenritter BC as C&C ship, just for role-playing and aesthetics.

benito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 04, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »

I think that phase cruiser Poltergeist should have build in mod  "phasefield" that reduces emissions.

I mean, its a phase ship, and all vanilla phase ships have this mod.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 04, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »

I think that phase cruiser Poltergeist should have build in mod  "phasefield" that reduces emissions.

I mean, its a phase ship, and all vanilla phase ships have this mod.

Will be added. The ship was released half-finished. My bad.

Vherkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 05, 2021, 10:17:42 AM »

Well, i was going to say that it was weird the Great House seems to make you neutral to everyone and everything but looking at the file it seems to be functioning as intended ? Even the Remnant are at 0  ;D

So that great !

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 05, 2021, 02:22:47 PM »

Well, i was going to say that it was weird the Great House seems to make you neutral to everyone and everything but looking at the file it seems to be functioning as intended ? Even the Remnant are at 0  ;D

So that great !

It's not supposed to be that way, but that's a Nex issue

Badger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 05, 2021, 08:52:56 PM »

Hey guys. This mod is a lot of fun.

I just want to ask about something. I found the timeless prototype and love the look and concept but I am not sure what the special system does or whether it is working for me. It says it accelerates time for the ship and the fighters but when I use it nothing goes any faster and the enemy doesn't move any slower. Only thing I can see happening is the ship and fighters giving off a green light.

I tried using it while taking damage or shooting to see if it affects that but am not seeing anything. Can someone let me know what is happening here or if my game is just bugged? I only tried it in the simulator so maybe that's it? Thanks a lot!

Madskills

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 10, 2021, 05:40:35 AM »

I installed this mod along with 3 billion other mods (pretty much all semi-stable content mods that support 0.95a). My first modded playthrough. And every time I encountered something amazing non-vanilla (a cool weapon, ship or encounter) I looked up some string that it uses (say, ship name or dialog text) in all my mods folder to figure out where it came from. And I've gotta say good 80% of the time it turned out to be this mod. What I particularly like about it is how much _various_ stuff it adds: amazing deep space encounters, awesome exotic weapons and lots of unique hull mods. And the most important thing for me is that good half of this mod is redacted: I don't want to even know what stuff I'm gonna find, I just hope it's interesting (and this mod 100% delivered on this one).

The stuff that this mod provides is in my opinion more or less on vanilla power level which's very rare because mods tend to power creep a lot.

It has also great ship art that fits vanilla style pretty well. Weapon art is very likeable, but ballistic weapons are a little bit more pixel-art-ey compared to vanilla, so they're more recognizable, but I don't mean it in a bad way, I like them a lot too.

Legio Infernalis is an amazing faction, I love that it's hostile by default and they're very strong to keep the player's self-esteem at bay. In my roleplay I like that they ignored me when I was too weak but I wish they became actively hostile as I got stronger, because it'd make sense for them to only bother attacking bigger fish.

I hope this mod gets more attention because I think it's amazing and the author deserves more positive feedback. I will also probably join their patreon.

benito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 13, 2021, 01:33:39 PM »

This mod has some great ship concepts, designs and lore. Its really rewarding to find a unique relic ship while exploring. I especially enjoyed the moment than i had to defend my main colony's Star Base from very strong Hegemony invasion fleet. I managed to keep it in one piece only because i had lostech Relic Battlecruiser from this mod.

Anyway, thanks to mod author for work on this mod, its really good.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 10:24:10 PM by benito »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 111