Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104269 times)

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.4
« Reply #630 on: January 30, 2021, 07:50:42 PM »

@Zelnik ,first and foremost, i don't know what drama happening on Discord, i get banned like ages ago.

The drop change of Tahlan probably better if you play with less mod that add other content, the vanilla map generation have a small loot pool for all those contents so maybe it's feel so rare (maybe I'm wrong, maybe some mod have fix criteria for spawning, like how Rosenritter ship only spawn in Black Holes Star System, I don't know about javascript). The map is not some handcrafted map with onboarding design in mind that guide player where to find all the good stuff, it's a procedural one.

And I occasionally give feedback too, and if the modder wants to keep their design choices, that's understandable, so I usually I just "fix" it on my side as a player if I can, for this case I usually just hijack the map generation all together, using Adjusted Sector I hijack the loot pool itself.

Download and install Adjusted Sector, then make the number research, mining, or any derelict station and ship much larger, but everything else set to vanilla, it's probably feel a little cheaty but you can pump the number of remnant spawn if you want. With this we have the same size map with more loot to spawn. Really useful for since I have tons of mod installed. Combine this with Ruthless Sector and Starfarer Mode to be more "balance".

Adjusted Sector
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17331.0

Ruthless Sector 1.2.7
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15279.0
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: January 31, 2021, 02:59:47 AM »

The drop change of Tahlan probably better if you play with less mod that add other content, the vanilla map generation have a small loot pool for all those contents so maybe it's feel so rare (maybe I'm wrong, maybe some mod have fix criteria for spawning, like how Rosenritter ship only spawn in Black Holes Star System, I don't know about javascript). The map is not some handcrafted map with onboarding design in mind that guide player where to find all the good stuff, it's a procedural one.

[...]

Download and install Adjusted Sector, then make the number research, mining, or any derelict station and ship much larger, but everything else set to vanilla, it's probably feel a little cheaty but you can pump the number of remnant spawn if you want. With this we have the same size map with more loot to spawn. Really useful for since I have tons of mod installed. Combine this with Ruthless Sector and Starfarer Mode to be more "balance".

That is not how it works. All my exploration content is spawned by hand in addition to what vanilla or other mods spawn. It is purely additive and doesn't add to any pools or replace anything at all. There's a fixed number of spawns that are placed at random locations. Your suggestion won't have any effect on the content from this mod.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 31, 2021, 07:01:20 AM »

Oh ok, good to know.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.4.1
« Reply #633 on: February 03, 2021, 11:16:23 PM »

Maybe not the largest update of all times, but there's a fair bit of behind the scenes stuff going on here. And then there is the new Plasma Cannons. Think those came out rather nicely. Maybe a bit too flashy, but eeeeeeeh, can never be too flashy, I'd say.

Full changelog:
Spoiler
- Added Ryza-type Plasma Cannon
- Added Mezoa-type Plasma Gun
- Overhauled Metallican hulls
- Added some additional Silberblut Regalia variants
- Conand overhaul
   - Now high velocity with some emp damage
   - Updated sprite
- Scoralis
   - Lowered hp from 500 to 400
   - Lowered shield hp from 500 to 400
   - Lowered armor from 50 to 40
   - Lowered energy bonus damage on torpedoes from 400 to 300
- Breaker
   - Fixed flux efficiency to intended 1.1
- Skola
   - Increased burn level from 9 to 11
- Regalia
   - Reduced the maintenance penalty of not having a gantry from 3x to 2x
- Updated all scripted damage effects to properly scale with damage-increasing effects like skills or ship systems
[close]
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 04, 2021, 06:20:48 AM »

Thanks for the update! It doesn't appear that the Silberblut regalia variants appear in prior saves, is it safe to bet that you need a new game to get these in the blueprint packages?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 04, 2021, 09:33:57 AM »

New game, or console commands; the command you'd want is "addspecial tahlan_silberblut_package".
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

SneakyDevil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 06, 2021, 04:03:08 PM »

Not sure if this has already been talked about but I encountered a head-scratcher from this mod. I found a halbmond in a black hole system, decoded all the blueprints, and the quest finished, pointing me to another constellation for an "object of interest"... Except the constellation was filled with only star star systems, with only one of the star systems having an asteroid ring with planets.

After about an hour of radar pinging I didn't find anything. Am I missing something here?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 07, 2021, 02:10:26 AM »

I thought decoding all the blueprints is the only quest for Rosenritter ship, well it's probably unfinished content or WIP.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #638 on: February 07, 2021, 07:06:26 AM »

Spoiler
There's supposed to be a recoverable capital ship in the specified constellation, although I'm not sure what the exact placement rules are.
[close]

UselessGoddess69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 01, 2021, 03:20:46 AM »

Not sure if it's me or not, but is anyone having a bug with this mod (and other mods that have new Remnant ships) where the Remnant only use the new ships for their fleet instead of using the vanilla Remnant ships and other mods that include new Remnant ships??
I keep encountering Nameless-Class Drone Fleets instead of encountering any vanilla Remnant ships and other mod Remnant ships?

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 01, 2021, 05:02:57 AM »

Not sure if it's me or not, but is anyone having a bug with this mod (and other mods that have new Remnant ships) where the Remnant only use the new ships for their fleet instead of using the vanilla Remnant ships and other mods that include new Remnant ships??
I keep encountering Nameless-Class Drone Fleets instead of encountering any vanilla Remnant ships and other mod Remnant ships?
This is not intended, and probably a bug. Did you happen to change anything in the mod folder?

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 01, 2021, 07:49:12 AM »

If you have HHE Fighter Expansion mod - disable it, that's the mod causing this issue (it wipes "known ships" list for Remnants and some of stuff for other factions as well).
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 01, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »

Just wanted to note that I quite like the admech-variant of the Providence; found one early one game and it makes for an excellent flagship; the asymmetric weapons configuration makes for an interesting sort of a forwards-or-right-broadside setup. Ended up using mostly regular ballistic weapons, with a tachyon lance on the left.
(Not quite as impressed with the Throne; it's not a bad ship, but not a great one either.)

Also, the Config-H Regalia is my new favorite type to give to the AI; like the Config-B, it's got enough dissipation to fully support its weapons, and like the Config-A, it's got a mobility-enhancing ship system that helps the AI survive when it overextends or gets flanked - and, thanks to the burst damage boost from its ship system, it does this without any significant sacrifices to overall firepower. (Though, okay, it may end up getting left behind other configurations late-game; I haven't had trouble with the things running out of CR time yet, but I can see that being a potential issue in larger fights.)

Speaking of, I really appreciate the reduction in Regalia maintenance penalty; it means I can actually keep one in my fleet without feeling like I need to haul around the high-maintenance Halbmond, too. (The Halbmond's still a must-have if you're fielding multiple Regalia, though.)

The new plasma cannons are fun, too, though somewhat situational; they perform a bit like HE weaponry does - not that great as an only gun, but providing a solid anti-armor punch if you've got other weapons to break through shields.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

UselessGoddess69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 01, 2021, 11:31:29 PM »

If you have HHE Fighter Expansion mod - disable it, that's the mod causing this issue (it wipes "known ships" list for Remnants and some of stuff for other factions as well).

It worked! thanks you!

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2021, 04:25:29 AM »

Where do you guys find the regalia blueprints?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 111