Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104652 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.17
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2020, 06:24:54 AM »

Look around in black hole systems.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Dampfnudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2020, 07:41:05 AM »

The Phoca-class Light Cruiser is so sexy

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 20, 2020, 03:08:15 AM »

I know I'm rather late for this but I lvoe this mod. My favourite ship across the whole lot of them is it GH Dominator and for one simple reason:

It's a monster when it's put on forced overdrive, stripped of its shields and given a double dose of GH large ballistic weapons plus aux thrusters and survivability mods.

Amazing mobility, amazing firepower, amazing resistance. Sort of squishy against lasers even if you install Integrated Armor (from HMI modspec package) and SOlar shielding but that's a very small price to pay for the ultimate mobile sniper.

Oh, and the Ristreza is a monster. Beats 4 tach lance Paragon 1v1 with enough long range kinetic firepower and hardened shields.

P.S: I actually feel embarassed asking this: are relic Ships like the karma and the Nirvana from this mod?
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 20, 2020, 03:25:46 AM »

P.S: I actually feel embarassed asking this: are relic Ships like the karma and the Nirvana from this mod?

Yes they are.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 20, 2020, 03:47:01 AM »

Yes they are.

Phew, thanks for the confirmation.

In that case, we have to talk about this:
Spoiler
[close]

I know the 200% damage on any flux% is a bug, but it's possibly too powerful even for 75FP and would fit 80 or even 85 a lot better.

Actually, let me just quote something I wrote on a sleepy stupor on my phone two days ago about the Nirvana:
Spoiler
I have started another campaign aligned with Kadur (they actually got nuked by the Hegemony, I am now trying to align myself with Pirates, Luddic Path and Hazard Mining Enterprises) and actually found one of the few Relic ships I love so much (from Tahlan Whipworks I think) I was missing: The Nirvana Battlecruiser.

Oh. My God. It's disgusting.

While the Karma, Samsara (30FP) and that other 11FP one with the spacial warp jump are also very potent they also have definite drawbacks considering their very poor PD defence and a 20 degree shield.

They all have very good armor, repair rate, EMP resistance, mobility enchancing skills, very good (although low for their FP cost) weapon mounts, some EMP discharge while venting or high flux (Nirvana does not have this one) and a spontaneous phase cloak sporadically activating under AI control once you take damage. The Nirvana on the other hand has two special abilities so broken that it would still need a minor nerf even if it was bumped from the current 75 all the way up to 100 fleet points.

Do not think that 3 large and 4 medium mounts pointing at the front are not enough for 100FP. This thing will absolutely butcher 3 Onslaughts fighting it at the same time under AI control if you set it up in a way it correctly exploits all the ship's abilities.

The first, way too gratuitous special skill gives it +200% damage dealt with any weapon after it's done venting. It would be logical to only have it activate at, I don't know, a certain flux threshold (not activating if you vent below 60% flux just to name one) but that is not the case. You can literally vent once you have 10 flux built up and you'll do 300% damage for what feels like 3-4 seconds. Imagine having this ability and with 3 Expanded Magazine Autopulse Lasers. Yikes for everything that exists and lacks a fortress shield.

The second ability is, coming from someone that has around a dozen and a half content mods, the most ridiculous thing in the game. It's not broken, it's pulverized. It's not great, it's orgasmic.
Think of a temporal shell like on the Scarab. Picture it in your mind.
Now imagine this skill adding one, bonkers feature that is the following: everything that your ship does minus the damage it deals and the ammo/missile/charges it depletes from the activation until the end of the ability will be reset to the moment before you activated it, including the position of the ship.

Yes. You heard that right. Engage an Onslaught and:
1)activate the ability as soon as it starts firing upon you
2)not even bother raising your itty bitty 20 degree shield and proceed to eat every piece of ordinance it shoots at you
3)empty all your weapons on that mistake of a battleship be it energy, ballistic or missiles to the limit of your flux capacity
4)the ability ends and your ship immediately teleports back to the spot where you activated it with armor, hull and flux reset to fully healed and 0 respectively
5)repeat the process and delete another enemy from the plain of reality

The amount of engagements I can picture my AI controlled "Yaaah, It's Rewind Time" Nirvana Class Battlecruiser losing are very few, and even then I could just pilot it myself and have it become even more ridiculous. It's so strong I don't actually play it myself anymore. The one I have has 3 D-mods (very bad ones too, Degraded Engines and the one reducing weapon range plus another one) and I almost soloed the Red Planet Encounter wich even had two of the big chungus, 65FP+ mod ships in it.

That "Time Shell" special ability ( I think that's the name anyway) is "fine" as it very and I mean very much justifies that 75FP, but that disgusting damage boost has to go or be heavily nerfed and balanced. You can even discard all sense of shame and microvent just before activating Time Shell and just go full Thanos on anything but the Paragon.

My suggestion? Bump the cost up to 85FP, only have the damage boost activate if you vent above 50% flux capacity and reduce it's bonus to "just" 100%.
[close]

I obviously did not know the 200% damage boost was a bug when I wrote it, but I still believe it should be scaled back to 100% max. 200% damage litterally makes the spinal Project Cashmere I have on my build oneshot High Tech battlestation modules.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:54:52 AM by Arcagnello »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 20, 2020, 05:03:38 AM »

Won't change it. The ship isn't meant to be balanced, that's the whole *** point.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 20, 2020, 03:54:57 PM »

Won't change it. The ship isn't meant to be balanced, that's the whole *** point.

I get the general point of the relic ships, really. You only find a handful of them in the whole campaign, cost an eye and a liver to restore and simply must be delivering something in return.

Their performance is great but it has obvious drawbacks (congratulations on that actually, they do feel very flawed without support) for all but one ship, and that's the Valhalla. That said, I am certainly in no position to tell you what to do with your mod.

The only productive thing left for me to say is that you should change the way the AI handles the Valhalla's Reality Shell. It currently uses it as if it was a temporal shell or a boost of some sort and spams it as soon as an enemy is spotted, wasting it 90% of the time. All the other relic ships actually handle pretty well in the hands of an AI given it's got proper weapon groups and is decently aggressive.

My suggestion is that the AI could use it just like High Energy Focus or Accelerated Ammo Feeder and only activate it whenever the Valhalla's weapons are in range of the enemy. That way the AI will start shooting, activate the ability, spam all of its weapons on the target and when the ability wears off the ship is again in a position to start firing again with its flux at zero.

The icing on the cake for AI using Reality Shell would be to override the ship's aggressiveness to reckess (if it even can be done) since the ship is going to come back without a iota of damage and the more it chases the enemy to do damage while it's active the better.

Edit: added some more thoughts and corrected the typos I could find.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 03:05:54 AM by Arcagnello »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 21, 2020, 06:03:14 PM »

You can actually tweak that AI behavior yourself, since it's not set in compiled code but in the .json file for the ship system. Just copy the AI field from one of those systems and the ship should treat it exactly the same way.

If there are any issues with it, you should find them pretty fast with simple testing.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 21, 2020, 06:38:04 PM »

I know The Great Houses are no longer powerful enough to be their own faction in-lore.

But i would love it if they become an actual Faction. Absolutely beautiful ships.

At least them granting a Commissioned Crew bonus for Independents would be cool.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 22, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »

You can actually tweak that AI behavior yourself, since it's not set in compiled code but in the .json file for the ship system. Just copy the AI field from one of those systems and the ship should treat it exactly the same way.

If there are any issues with it, you should find them pretty fast with simple testing.

I will try doing that after the campaign is over or when I find many if not all of them across multiple campaigns.

I'm running difficulty mods that also reduce certain/likely recovery chances (especially big ships) to a smaller percentage. I for example managed to get my hands on both Karma and Samsara sitting in the same star system in the previous campaign, while this time around I could not recover either but found three different relic ships I could not recover previously.

I'm probably thinking of doing the easiest thing first and change Fleet Points to something resembling what I feel is a higher and sometimes compromising (roughly 15 to 20% more) value forcing me to build a fleet I bring into battle revolving around supporting these very few and potent units.

I'm also going to try and change how the AI uses certain ablities, altough none of the relic ships I have found so far have had any major letdowns in AI hands other than the Valhalla.

It would be fun to for example tweak how the Kaivalya-class cruiser uses its "Spacial Shift" ability (with its ridicolous amount of max charges), maybe only have it use it when moving in to engage and moving out to disengage instead of the current spam?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:05:54 AM by Arcagnello »

kokuto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 02, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »

There is a debuff on two planets in the Lethia system pertaining to Kassadari navy that depreciates accessibility.

Is it possible to make it such that if you conquer Kassadar and take over the entire system, that this debuff goes away for the colonies?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 03, 2020, 04:27:28 AM »

Hardcoded (i think), it's designed that why so you can exploit those planet and get "good planet" everytime you start the game, let's not forget free accessibility bonus and growth bonus with friendly colony in one system.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »

I will try doing that after the campaign is over or when I find many if not all of them across multiple campaigns.

I'm running difficulty mods that also reduce certain/likely recovery chances (especially big ships) to a smaller percentage. I for example managed to get my hands on both Karma and Samsara sitting in the same star system in the previous campaign, while this time around I could not recover either but found three different relic ships I could not recover previously.

I'm probably thinking of doing the easiest thing first and change Fleet Points to something resembling what I feel is a higher and sometimes compromising (roughly 15 to 20% more) value forcing me to build a fleet I bring into battle revolving around supporting these very few and potent units.

I'm also going to try and change how the AI uses certain ablities, altough none of the relic ships I have found so far have had any major letdowns in AI hands other than the Valhalla.

It would be fun to for example tweak how the Kaivalya-class cruiser uses its "Spacial Shift" ability (with its ridicolous amount of max charges), maybe only have it use it when moving in to engage and moving out to disengage instead of the current spam?

When you say valhalla, do you mean nirvana? Or are you no longer talking about the Relic ships in that sentence?

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 11, 2020, 02:11:36 PM »

So I want to say this:

I love this mod. I love Rosenritter ships and my flagship is the Traumatananzer battluecruiser.

Question: I found the ship in accordance with the mission after I found the Rosenritter carrier, but the mission has not completed...Is there something else out there?

Can we hope for a Rosenritter battleship?

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 11, 2020, 09:39:06 PM »

You just need to keep that ship on your fleet untill your crew extract all the Rosenritter blueprint out of it and that's about it.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111