Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104546 times)

shrek_luigi

• Ensign
  • im green as ****
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.17
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2020, 10:57:41 AM »

hello, the Great Houses Legion-variant is my favourite ship

well, that's all I had to say, have a nice day!  :)
@Shrek_luigi: While I applaud your choice of flagship, please don't circumvent the profanity filter.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 14, 2020, 02:00:58 AM »

GH guns are pretty garbage overall.

GH ships are overpriced. Only a few a worth their price (Legion, Onslaught)

Ristreza is a joke for its price/deployment cost

I am currently enjoying the mod by trying to make an army full of only GH ships equipped with only GH equipment.

Feels like playing hard mode due to how rare the GH ships are (currently can only be found in kassadar), How expensive they are  and how bad their weapons are.

To give credit where it's due, I love the design of ships and their weapons. Also the concept of ancient civilization and how they are not a faction is great imo. This mod can be summarised to one sentence: The concept is there but the execution can be improved in more ways than the author realizes.

Also, an anyone explain to me how to make the ristreza viable? That thing has the armor of a destroyer...

Edit: Corrected the name of the ship I was using. Not Izanami, it was Ristreza
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:54:06 AM by Warnoise »

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 14, 2020, 04:47:54 AM »

Also, an anyone explain to me how to make the izanami viable? That thing has the armor of a destroyer...

press f

JohnVicres

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2020, 05:17:45 AM »

GH guns are pretty garbage overall.

GH ships are overpriced. Only a few a worth their price (Legion, Onslaught)

Izanami is a joke for its price/deployment cost

I am currently enjoying the mod by trying to make an army full of only GH ships equipped with only GH equipment.

Feels like playing hard mode due to how rare the GH ships are (currently can only be found in kassadar), How expensive they are  and how bad their weapons are.

To give credit where it's due, I love the design of ships and their weapons. Also the concept of ancient civilization and how they are not a faction is great imo. This mod can be summarised to one sentence: The concept is there but the execution can be improved in more ways than the author realizes.

Also, an anyone explain to me how to make the izanami viable? That thing has the armor of a destroyer...
TL;DR
edit them stats. It's hella easy, and I do it all the time, though it's a bit annoying to re-apply them after updates. As matter of fact, I edited the GH ships and guns too, to my taste... My "fix" (more like OP-injection) to the Izanami is make it's ability last 10 seconds, as a complement to the JoJo reference. Added to the maintenance and deployment costs, as compensation.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:40:52 AM by JohnVicres »

Kaitol

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »

As someone who played most of a campaign in an Izanami, it's hilariously powerful. Just equip it with a couple of long-range shield pressure mediums and then load 4 of the forward smalls with high dps HE guns. Flit around something until its shields are looking shaky, then move straight in towards it and hit F to suddenly boost your effective fire rate and stack all the shots on top of each other. Then when time speeds back up they go boom. Oh, and don't use beams, I don't think they work nearly as well with its ability.

There might be some cruisers that could give it trouble but anything light cruiser and below it just shreds. And the armor isn't a problem because the whole point is you're not supposed to be taking big hits because you can literally STOP TIME.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 14, 2020, 01:08:43 PM »

GH ships is fine but yeah, too expensive for what it is, if you want well-rounded ship that can eat other fleet even when out vastly numbered just get 10 paragon and stay on the corner of battle, make your sellf a tea or something and your high tech glorified blender will win the battle when you return.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 15, 2020, 08:39:59 AM »

GH hulls are meant to be luxury objects. Deliberately overpriced.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Worachot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3 - That time Nia decided to make a ship pack
« Reply #577 on: September 15, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »

Made a gif showing off most of the added weapons. Also adding it to the first post in the GH section.

i really like the last weapon! ^^
makes me think of battlestar galactica when they shot exploding projectiles to make a screen to protect the ship from incomming missiles/torpedos

https://youtu.be/P0BD4jmTS_M?t=304

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2020, 10:44:11 PM »

Is it just me or does volkite PD not work as well as normal flak - gotta test it out somehow

btw love the legion and the one with all the missiles

Hobostabbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 23, 2020, 11:21:13 AM »

So I've been trying to find a Great Houses Castigator for a while and someone told me it wasn't in the files anymore. I couldn't find a mention of it being removed in the patch notes, but there are a couple mentions of it being gone in this thread. Is there any way to re-enable it or has it been completely deleted? And if it has been deleted does anyone have the files for it or know what version was the last to have it? It was my favorite ship to fly out of all of the mods I play and I would love to get it back into my sector even if it takes some tinkering and 200 cycles to find it again.
Speak softly and field a surprisingly large carrier element.

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 23, 2020, 02:36:44 PM »

So I've been trying to find a Great Houses Castigator for a while and someone told me it wasn't in the files anymore. I couldn't find a mention of it being removed in the patch notes, but there are a couple mentions of it being gone in this thread. Is there any way to re-enable it or has it been completely deleted? And if it has been deleted does anyone have the files for it or know what version was the last to have it? It was my favorite ship to fly out of all of the mods I play and I would love to get it back into my sector even if it takes some tinkering and 200 cycles to find it again.

GH Castigator is entirely gone, there's HVB version of Castigator called Edengate, which is pretty much GH Castigator. Castigator (GH) removal was replaced with lostech Castigator and other lostech ships. Version you're looking for is 0.3.16 or earlier.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Hobostabbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 23, 2020, 03:57:42 PM »

GH Castigator is entirely gone, there's HVB version of Castigator called Edengate, which is pretty much GH Castigator. Castigator (GH) removal was replaced with lostech Castigator and other lostech ships. Version you're looking for is 0.3.16 or earlier.

Thanks!
Speak softly and field a surprisingly large carrier element.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 07, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »

How do we deal with the timeless-class ship?

Three of them massacred an entire army of 2 GH onslaught, 2 Vendettas and 1 legion + some destroyers.

Not only they're agile and fast like frigates, they hit pretty hard too. But the most annoying thing are their drones. Holy ***. A horde of billion drones fast as hell melting everything and causing the ship AI to panic...

Anyone dealt with those ships? How did you do it?

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 07, 2020, 01:47:39 PM »

How do we deal with the timeless-class ship?

Three of them massacred an entire army of 2 GH onslaught, 2 Vendettas and 1 legion + some destroyers.

Not only they're agile and fast like frigates, they hit pretty hard too. But the most annoying thing are their drones. Holy ***. A horde of billion drones fast as hell melting everything and causing the ship AI to panic...

Anyone dealt with those ships? How did you do it?

My fleet setup is rather... wide with many ships in reserve, I tend to deploy a capital or two + bunch of cruisers and destroyers (some of them carriers). Timeless is a menace against single targets - a battleline (made with 1-2 Defend orders) usually keeps it at bay from my experience. Kill most of the Remnant fleet, Timeless is usually one of last ones to survive and subsequently die.
If you're focused down by it, run to your fleet - it can kill off capitals easily, mixed fleets tend to have enough ships to shrug off losses or just drown it in fighters, so AI doesn't know what to do.
As for drones it creates - heavy PD grid and your own fighters.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

Rbrx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 09, 2020, 08:59:31 PM »

Has anyone managed to reliably find the Silberherz ships?
I've searched about 2/5s of the galaxy and only found a single spare derelict, but it's a ton of fun, and I'd love to field more.
Is there a quest or high bounty for them that I'm missing?

I poked around in the files, and found
Spoiler
That there's a couple of blueprints that reference salvaging a Halbmond, but I've never seen any hint of this ship while exploring.
[close]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 09:24:47 PM by Rbrx »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111