Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104369 times)

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.17
« Reply #540 on: August 13, 2020, 09:34:11 PM »

Agree with cathar on this point. Ship must have at least some hints in description about it abilities.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 14, 2020, 01:35:15 AM »

Im on the opposite end, i love it, not knowing every lil detail of unknown ships drifting through space made by a degraded ai is fun and interesting to mess around with and learn, adds some spice to things.

Also as someone who almost exclusively plays explorers im very fond in general of all the cool things nia scattered around the sector to be found! Thanks for adding them to Tahlan!  ;D

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 14, 2020, 03:28:36 AM »

I really enjoy finding a weird ship and lugging it around, trying to understand it. That's actually an awesome concept. Just tell me when I have actually made progress on this. I don't even need to know what changed exactly, just tell me something has changed.

Maybe the issue is that now you assume that I am personally piloting the ship, and will immediately recognize the change. Thing is, from Day 1 of finding the Samsara I had it piloted by an Officer, and only occasionaly checked in on it during combats, while flying my flagship.
So now I can kinda tell it performs better than before (maybe?) but I can't really tell what has changed.

To Nia this seems to mean I cannot use my brain, however I wish this feedback still somehow reaches them.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 14, 2020, 09:51:29 AM »

Nothing changes. It just has special features/effects that aren't named in the description. There is no "progress" to be made.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 14, 2020, 12:09:13 PM »

Then why would you suggest it in the description of the hullmod?

Seita

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 14, 2020, 06:33:39 PM »

QUOTE:
"The flux grid of this ship has been heavily reinforced and modified with advanced and unknown Domain lostech. Its exact specs are unknown, but through tests and extensive analysis you have been able to deduce most of the effects."

For me this hullmod has been a pleasant surprise the first time I've seen it. It's literally asking you to test the ship yourself and experiment with it and come to your own conclusion, which is probably the whole point of lostech being different. I can understand where cathar comes from, but I think the hullmod is fine as it is. More hints would just take away the excitement of discovering what it does for new players.

Also the effects are quite visual.

Peanut Man

• Ensign
  • Peanut Man, Unsalted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 17, 2020, 05:29:02 AM »

Hello! I've noticed a small bug.. I think? In the Regalia Suits, where it seems officers placed onto them, will have their personality changed to reckless! I'm not sure if this is just me, though it would be nice to hear if this is not suppose to happen! So I may see if Its just me! Thanks again.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 17, 2020, 09:42:34 AM »

It's a known bug, yes. Will be fixed in the next version.

Peanut Man

• Ensign
  • Peanut Man, Unsalted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 17, 2020, 01:26:36 PM »

It's a known bug, yes. Will be fixed in the next version.

Wow, Prompt response, Thanks! Hope the launch of it goes well!

Scrambledeggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 18, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »

I've been having problems playing with both this mod and your ScalarTech Solutions faction mod. Whenever I try to play the game with one of them it crashes and says "Invalid Trait low profile." I'm not great at modding so I don't know if it's me being bad at modding or both mods being broken, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled them multiple times from your Patreon and they still crash my game. If you could point me in the right direction to getting these two mods working, it would be much appreciated.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 18, 2020, 03:37:19 PM »

I've been having problems playing with both this mod and your ScalarTech Solutions faction mod. Whenever I try to play the game with one of them it crashes and says "Invalid Trait low profile." I'm not great at modding so I don't know if it's me being bad at modding or both mods being broken, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled them multiple times from your Patreon and they still crash my game. If you could point me in the right direction to getting these two mods working, it would be much appreciated.

Update Nexerelin

Scrambledeggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 19, 2020, 05:36:03 AM »

Thank you.

OzOnyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 19, 2020, 07:29:07 AM »

I was wondering what happened to the GH Castigator and is it likely to return at some point?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 19, 2020, 09:12:58 AM »

It's gone.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 19, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »

There's a unique bounty target that's essentially an upgraded version of the GH Castigator, with (I think?) the same mount layout and a more powerful ship system.  If you don't run with Vayra's sector but do have Prism Freeport around, it'll occasionally show up for sale there instead.

I kindof miss the original, though; its mobility system was fun to use, and now the only ships with that are the GH Enforcer (Which, even with the GH upgrades, is still an enforcer and thus woefully under-fluxed) and the Exa Pico (Which is a neat ship, but not one that I've found to be very fun to fly.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 111