Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104542 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.17
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2020, 03:26:13 AM »

I'm a little stumped by the siege bases, how are you supposed to deal with them? I've camped one for a while now, it's not doing anything probably because it's destroyed but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere either, do they eventually despawn?
Not only is it bugged, im pretty sure there is a warning stating that it is bugged in the place you active it.

There literally isn't, here's the line in the options:

#enables the Legio Infernalis system siege event. Requires Legio Infernalis to be enabled.
   "enableLegioSiege": true,

That's all, so a simple ''it's bugged'' would have sufficed.

I'll add a note to it. To hotfix the bug in your own game, you can transfer the market to yourself via console commands and then abandon it.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2020, 05:13:01 PM »

is it normal to find a blueprint to make some kind of mothership and some other ships and costs like 9 million credits?
not exactly sure where i found it but its probably one of the vast ruins in the core worlds, pretty early in the game too.

might just be a random drop chance from any of the ruins, only problem is its price is so high compared to everything else.

boothnat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 02, 2020, 11:44:09 PM »

Fantastic mod! The ships all provide unique options, the ones meant to fit in do, and the ones meant to stand out do too!

The
Spoiler
Eisenflug Jadregalia
[close]
seem a tad overtuned, at least in my opinion. A few herons equipped with them are absolute monsters, and they honestly work extremely well on almost any ship. They're capable of tearing apart anything from frigates to capitals.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 03, 2020, 12:21:39 AM »

might just be a random drop chance from any of the ruins, only problem is its price is so high compared to everything else.
The price is appropriate for the ship.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 03, 2020, 12:50:43 PM »

I've been lugging around a Samsara class for about 2 cycles, deploying it in every battle, but it still says I don't understand it.

What do I have to do? It's not piloted by myself, is that the issue?

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 03, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »

Does starting as Kassadar give you any option to get Comissioned with Independents?

I would definitely would love an Independent Commision and a Comissioned Crew Bonus.

As far as i know the only mod that adds an Independent Comission is the Roider Union, but even then there's no Comissioned Crew bonus if i recall correctly.

Im having a blast with the Legio Infernalis, but lately i've been thinking of starting a Kassadar playthrough.

Justinx931

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 05, 2020, 11:11:11 PM »

is there a way to remove the log entry for going to a certain area? i've unlocked all the secrets and leaded me to another ship but that was several cycles ago, and the icon for it just follows me around, great marker though.

AlexAtheos

• Ensign
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 08, 2020, 02:29:17 PM »

Found a bug where plugging an officer into any of the Regalia mobile armors will permanently change their personality to reckless.

RartyMobbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 10, 2020, 06:08:45 AM »

Found a bug where plugging an officer into any of the Regalia mobile armors will permanently change their personality to reckless.

Sounds like a feature to me. If I got a hyper-advanced mecha I would be pretty reckless too.

Anyway, I have the same question as Cathar - does Samsara-class have any hidden features/scripts or is the description just flavor text?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 10, 2020, 10:12:19 AM »

The Samsara and similar hulls have hidden features, yes. The description doesn't change if you figure them out, though.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 13, 2020, 04:18:58 AM »

The Samsara and similar hulls have hidden features, yes. The description doesn't change if you figure them out, though.

Could you please elaborate? What are the hidden features? Not sure being obscure on purpose is an interesting feature, just turns it into a frustrating experience for the player.

As a player I get 0 feedback if I'm doing it right or not.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 13, 2020, 05:56:32 AM »

Could you please elaborate? What are the hidden features? Not sure being obscure on purpose is an interesting feature, just turns it into a frustrating experience for the player.

As a player I get 0 feedback if I'm doing it right or not.

All the undocumented effects are visible enough when they happen. Me explaining it would be against the idea behind this content, so I won't.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 13, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »

The idea being what exactly? Making your content unintuitive and unfriendly for the player?

Even if the effect is that noticeable, why not at least acknowledge the change in some way?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 13, 2020, 09:03:30 AM »

They are passive in-combat effects. They really aren't that hard to figure out if you just use your brain a little.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 13, 2020, 09:37:11 AM »

You are not understanding my point. Even if the effects are visible, there should still be some change to the description. Otherwise you are creating needless uncertainty, and players will never know if they actually unlocked everything the ship can do.

Unless you're saying that's your intention?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 111