Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104181 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.16
« Reply #495 on: June 13, 2020, 04:05:27 AM »

There's no fix for that, I'm afraid. It's an old bug with the siege system.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Plasmodium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 18, 2020, 04:10:43 PM »

Hey,

I've come across a hidden variant of the Castigator I believe, which has the "Lostech Engineering" hullmod. It says "Detailed analysis indicates that the ship may possess other, as of yet undocumented, capabilities". Is there specific stuff to do with this ship ?

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 18, 2020, 05:56:54 PM »

There's no fix for that, I'm afraid. It's an old bug with the siege system.

A fookin funny one at that brother, I was like wow this is a serious invasion!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 19, 2020, 12:45:57 AM »

Hey,

I've come across a hidden variant of the Castigator I believe, which has the "Lostech Engineering" hullmod. It says "Detailed analysis indicates that the ship may possess other, as of yet undocumented, capabilities". Is there specific stuff to do with this ship ?

Experiment and find out

mosshadow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 21, 2020, 08:26:26 PM »

Other than starting with it, can the Metafalica be obtained by purchase or Blueprint?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 22, 2020, 08:37:16 AM »

Other than the start option it only appears as an HVB if you have Vayra's Sector

Vex2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 29, 2020, 02:50:30 PM »

This will break saves

The bane of my life. And in my current save I found a Ristreza in the first 2 months that carried me to my faction founding, ah well, new beginnings.

Speaking of the Ristreza, maybe add some clarification on its main gun to say it generates ammo when the ship system is used? It does say the gun can only be fired while the system is in use, but nothing of its ammo and kind of implies its a 1 shot weapon.
No complaints of the actual ship though. Its a beaut, and frequently surprised me in how effective it could be. Certainly punches far harder than it looks at a glance.

Kargul

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 01, 2020, 03:41:57 AM »

Hi, I'm currently on my third playthrough with this mod and I just love everything about it. The ships are beautiful, new weapons are great, and all this new stuff together with it's backstory makes it incredibly satisfying to explore the Sector. That being said, I have a question - is it possible to find all Rosenritten ships on one savefile? After exploring nearly all of the Sector twice, non including high level [REDACTED] systems, I've only been able to restore 2 Regalias, while only having a salvage option on 3 more. Is the way they spawn random with no guarantee to find all of them in one playtrough, or should I just keep looking for them?

Albreo

• Commander
  • A! Oh nyo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 03, 2020, 12:13:53 AM »

Hi, I'm currently on my third playthrough with this mod and I just love everything about it. The ships are beautiful, new weapons are great, and all this new stuff together with it's backstory makes it incredibly satisfying to explore the Sector. That being said, I have a question - is it possible to find all Rosenritten ships on one savefile? After exploring nearly all of the Sector twice, non including high level [REDACTED] systems, I've only been able to restore 2 Regalias, while only having a salvage option on 3 more. Is the way they spawn random with no guarantee to find all of them in one playtrough, or should I just keep looking for them?

You won't be able to salvage all the ship but you are guaranteed to be able to salvage 2 Rosenritter capitals which also guaranteed to spawn where one will give you all of the Rosenritter blueprints for you to play with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nirvana is the strongest ship right now hands down, followed by Truamtanzer with Sylphon loadout. For Nirvana to be able to refresh armor is just OP. The Reality shell ability seems to trigger glitch with SpeedUp mod when disabling bullet time, as a flagship, the game now runs x4 time faster once trigged in battle.

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 04, 2020, 03:49:41 AM »

All the lostech ships are well.... incredibly good. Especially when the AI doesn't seem to have an issue with the tiny shield radius.

ZeroXSEED

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 08, 2020, 12:32:30 AM »

Greetings. Thank you for the hard work for this awesome mod. It made my experience playing star sector much more rich and varied.

One question though, does the shipworks have broadside destroyer? I'm having fun with Metafalica (custom start nexerelin) and Phoca as my guard cruisers, but I'm not finding any in the codex.

Broadside ships are unique in my opinion because they established common defiance against 'modern war' logic, that is, to present frontal profile and minimize side profile as much as possible. But with shields being spherical there's not really much difference is there? The shields always have the same radius on all axis, broadside ships aren't that disadvantaged.

Lilly112

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 09, 2020, 04:52:09 AM »

I just loaded your mod in, and got this. Definitely your mod because it doesn't happen before, or after.

truecore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 10, 2020, 01:21:57 PM »

I just loaded your mod in, and got this. Definitely your mod because it doesn't happen before, or after.

I got the same. I went through the process of turning all mods off then back on again and narrowed it down to Tahlan, specifically the newer update as when I go back to a previous version it works fine.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 10, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »

Not my mod. Seems you have some of xenoargh's nonsense in your modlist, though. Probably the cause

truecore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 10, 2020, 02:52:45 PM »

Apologies, I felt I should due diligence and went and updated all my libraries and did a fresh reinstall. LazyLib 2.4f, ZZ GraphicsLib 1.4.2, MagicLib 0.29 and Tahlan 0.3.16 are the only active mods, ZZ and Magic being the one's that needed updating - I initially had a crash Fatal Error problem with the commie Castigator file not appearing, so I re-downloaded and plugged in the Tahlan mod on the fresh install and it works fine now, no problems.

So, the problem was just that the libraries were out of date, and I suppose it's a reminder to have Version Checker active/make sure the prerequisite mods are up to date before posting about a problem.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 111