Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104165 times)

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.14d
« Reply #420 on: March 09, 2020, 12:25:11 PM »

It's a feature to allow easier testing. The thing devmode is for.
Is there anything short of re-compiling the .java files (after appropriate edits) in an IDE that can disable that particular behavior?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 09, 2020, 01:04:27 PM »

It's a feature to allow easier testing. The thing devmode is for.
Is there anything short of re-compiling the .java files (after appropriate edits) in an IDE that can disable that particular behavior?

no
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Blackrazor1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2020, 01:50:03 PM »

@Kh0rnet
I never had Boggled's player station construction in my run, yet the Legio bases in hyperspace are still there. So I don't think boggled's code is responsible for this....unless his AI core production industry/Terraforming mods alter station code somehow

The "invincible" bases are fine for the most part. I looked at the destroyed base for a month and it didn't do anything. I could still buy and sell stuff to them, however their items never restock/change. So as long as the "destroyed" bases don't spawn anymore siege fleets, they're not a problem.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2020, 02:42:03 PM »

Start learning java then

only thing i am stumped on is how to compile the .jar so the .java are .class. everytime i have tried i just end up with a .jar full of .java that crashes, presumably because the tahlan_ModPlugin is looking for the .class. anyway, i simply replaced the adlerouge hullmod with a roughly equivalent one in the tahlan_schneefall.ship. not quite ideal, but since i dont use the support destroyers its a servicable workaround. thanks for all the help.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »

Start learning java then

only thing i am stumped on is how to compile the .jar so the .java are .class. everytime i have tried i just end up with a .jar full of .java that crashes, presumably because the tahlan_ModPlugin is looking for the .class. anyway, i simply replaced the adlerouge hullmod with a roughly equivalent one in the tahlan_schneefall.ship. not quite ideal, but since i dont use the support destroyers its a servicable workaround. thanks for all the help.

That'll require setting up a development environment that properly references the necessary libs to compile, then puts the output in the proper location and jars it up.  It can feel like PITA busy work, but it has to be done.  There are guides on this forum for how to get started, I would suggest following them.  All the tools to do this are free!   Also for more interactive help, you might try the Unofficial Discord server.

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2020, 03:35:50 PM »

@Kh0rnet
I never had Boggled's player station construction in my run, yet the Legio bases in hyperspace are still there. So I don't think boggled's code is responsible for this....unless his AI core production industry/Terraforming mods alter station code somehow

The "invincible" bases are fine for the most part. I looked at the destroyed base for a month and it didn't do anything. I could still buy and sell stuff to them, however their items never restock/change. So as long as the "destroyed" bases don't spawn anymore siege fleets, they're not a problem.

They're annoying as hell though. And when will they stop spawning? Am I going to have three destroyed-but-not-destroyed bases flying around in hyperspace next to each other? Five?
I would like to ask again if it's possible to delete them the hard way somehow, via a console command or something.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2020, 03:51:18 PM »

I disabled Station Construction and observed no immediate effects - the bases remain after destroying them in battle and/or saturation bombardment. Any method of dealing with this the hard way, like through the console mod perhaps?

Disabling sieges during a playthrough is sadly not an option.

If boggled breaks how stations work then there's nothing to be done there.

As far as I'm aware, my station mod doesn't effect any stations other than ones creating using my mod (unless they enable an option in the settings.csv, which I doubt they did). It should be very simple to test whether my mod is responsible for the bug - simply create two saves, one with my mod enabled, and one without, and compare what happens with regard to the bugged station behavior.

Blackrazor1000 indicated he's not using that station mod and still has the bug, so it seems my mod is not the culprit. If you do find any evidence that station construction is the cause, please let me know and I will look into it.

Stormy Fairweather

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2020, 04:10:12 PM »

thanks nick. i suspect i will learn more and more piece meal as i go. i have always been a tinkerer, and a picky one at that XD. will look to those resources though, as the need comes up

Newbosauras

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks a ton for this mod. In my current play through I found the Regalia carrier, and by chance a Traumatizer (not the actual name I know but I've got the game shut down at the moment, and hey that things pretty traumatic for the enemy with those autoloaders), and after a dozen hours getting a full production line running and my colonies in shape I now have a full Regalia fleet with 2 of each Silberblut variants, and 1 of each capital ship (unless there's more hidden goodies). And I've gotta say, it is the most fun fleet I've ever run combat with.

I just spent 10 minutes taking out a pair of [Redacted] fleets, and the smooth coordination between the Silberbluts to whittle down the [Redacted] frigates and destroyers while the capital ships distracted the Radiant, it made the game fun in a way I hadn't experienced for months. So thanks Nia! I hope you keep having fun making this mod because I sure am having a blast playing it.

baboracus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 11, 2020, 08:19:15 AM »

Is there a way to disable the legio sieges? I like all the additions, but my current run is currently crashing because of the sieges, and it makes the game run slowly anyway. here's what my logs say that lead me to believe its the legio sieges crashing the game. playing a heavily modded nexrelin campaign with random worlds
Code
829684 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.pickTarget(LegioSiegeManager.java:175)
at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.spawnSiegeFleet(LegioSiegeManager.java:101)
at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.advance(LegioSiegeManager.java:84)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 11, 2020, 09:36:51 AM »

Is there a way to disable the legio sieges? I like all the additions, but my current run is currently crashing because of the sieges, and it makes the game run slowly anyway. here's what my logs say that lead me to believe its the legio sieges crashing the game. playing a heavily modded nexrelin campaign with random worlds
Code
829684 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.pickTarget(LegioSiegeManager.java:175)
at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.spawnSiegeFleet(LegioSiegeManager.java:101)
at data.scripts.campaign.siege.LegioSiegeManager.advance(LegioSiegeManager.java:84)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Did you actually update the mod? Have you tried reading?

baboracus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 11, 2020, 09:51:52 AM »

Apologies, did not expect there to be multiple updates within the span of a month. i'm about three versions behind. so i take it there is no option to disable the sieges?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 11, 2020, 09:56:22 AM »

to quote the bold text in the main post:

Some of the more extensive features that go beyond just the ship pack aspect can be disabled in the tahlan_settings.ini if you'd rather only have the new ships

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 12, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »

Quick question:
Is it possible to get blueprints for Antediluvian equipment?

wrong mod, mate

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2020, 01:34:40 PM »

In missions, the Regalias never recognise that there is a ship with the regalia gantries, and so have always nerfed stats. Great mod though!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 111