Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104321 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.14d
« Reply #390 on: February 29, 2020, 05:17:48 AM »

the standard Hresvelgr shows up in Hegemony markets and fleets. It's somewhat rare due to the battleship doctrine of the faction, though. Persean League and Indies don't have access to it.

Also the Ristreza isn't really a broadside ship but can work as one depending on build. It's primarily designed to fight head-on, though
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Strawman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 29, 2020, 09:05:47 AM »

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out.

Perhaps I'm using it wrong then, still a lot of fun besides being rather effective. I would love to see more ships like it covering a wider scope of fleet roles :)

Strawman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 29, 2020, 11:42:03 PM »

So I ran another cycle or so ingame camping Hegemony markets and no stock Hresvelgr have appeared unfortunately. Did a bit of digging with console commands on both my current (6 cycles in) and a fresh save, and despite repeated uses of ForceMarketUpdate and findship I can't seem to find it spawning in any markets either. I may not have run enough attempts or my luck could be tremendously bad, but if not is this possibly a bug?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 01, 2020, 04:27:40 AM »

Guessing the Hresvelgr might be getting pushed out by doctrine too much. I'll be adding the ship to indies in the next update so it should be around more often then.

Ligis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2020, 12:43:43 PM »

Love the mod, the Dun Scaith is by far my favorite ship in the game.

That said I've been getting these situations lately;
Spoiler
[close]

There's just no end to their fleets, they HATE that system.  ;D

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2020, 12:53:05 PM »

Are you on the latest version? The Legio sieges should be dialed down quite a bit in that.

Ligis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »

I started the save during 0.3.14c and updated to 0.3.14d mid-game, might be why? So far I just snipe the stations and hold the never-ending waves until my ships need to retreat from CR.  :)

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 01, 2020, 09:29:29 PM »

They are good cash cows though! Just gotta be able to down those cows first...

Also, did something get updated? I could swear I already downloaded this update... Were there any hotfixes perhaps?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 09:32:00 PM by Pandora »

Comrade Corwin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 02, 2020, 03:58:06 PM »

I have only read the last three pages of this thread, but I don't see any mention of Kassadar. So, I was wondering, is there any way to force the spawning of Kassadar in a randomized Nexerelin game?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 03, 2020, 05:06:30 AM »

no

Strawman

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:24 PM »

Is there a way to acquire the Regalia ships outside of finding derelicts? Found a Paladin and Vanguard Silberblut in a nebula and they're pretty neat.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:27:08 PM by Strawman »

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:36 PM »

How can i obtain Rosenritten weapons and hulls bp? I got Stahlhagel Zwilling, Kriegsmesser Launcher and Eisenflug LPC from market at Prism Freeport but it only happened once.

Kpop

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2020, 10:39:54 PM »

bruh what were you thinking with these legio sieges...

Destroy 33 capitals with 6 - Omicron getting torn to ribbons since he got ambushed before I could even link up with him and still 17 left in reserve and 12 retreated from last engagement. Not everyone has a fleet of only Paragons you know.

Not to mention when you have 3 systems near eachother all swarmed by siege fleets it takes 10x longer than normal to move by them(not an exaggeration) due to the immense lag.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:46:59 PM by Kpop »

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 06, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »

I really love this mod, the ships are great and the derelicts that you can find make distress signals worth investigating, I managed to get my hands on a full fleet of Regalias and I love them (although they cost a fortune to keep operational) if I use multiple of those carriers with regalia gantries will it improve the supply usage of the Gundams ?

However there's also a few nitpicks I have with this mod;

First, the Great Houses ship. They're too expensive to buy considering they are always sold with 2 to 4 Dmods which means the cost of using a functional one is around 2 to 3 million credits depending on the size and that is not counting the appalling supply cost.

Second the ship system of the GH ships when used by the AI. The AI will keep using the burn drive systems constantly and will ram into enemies and allies alike (I nearly lost a rare destroyer by being crushed between a Legion and an Onslaught) I'm not sure why the AI seems to be so zealous when using this ship system specifically compared to regular burn drive but I think it's one of the biggest problems with the GH ships currently.

And finally the Legio. I think the size of their fleets requires tweaking, too many capitals and ships in general. They're impossible to tackle on until endgame and their Siege bases shouldn't be so strong from the very start in my opinion (unless you cannot make them upgrade their siege bases over time if left alone like pirates do) and they should have less fleets guarding the entrance of the system. Only way I found to defeat these bases (and that's when I have 3 decently sized colonies) is to go to Chicomoztoc and take a dump on the High Hegemon's head from orbit then use the bounty hunters that inevitably come to kill me to distract the Legio fleets away from the base (this tactic most likely doesn't work without Vayra sector or Nexerlin without the bounty mechanics).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:42:16 AM by Cyber Von Cyberus »
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

PainProjection

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 06, 2020, 10:28:16 PM »

Hello there, i have situation what my mod folder crammed to the brim, if i add any additional faction game gonna crush on save attempt, i already modified vmparams so i am aware of what causes this. However i keep finding some ships in some mods what i really want to have in my game. For example your Doominator.

I am not very familiar with mod structures, can you teach me how i can export particular ships from particular mods in to my game?
I guess if i just transfer "tahlan_Dominator_PH.ship" file in to starsector-core/data/hulls directory this wouldn't be enough? I mean even if i also transfer it's ship system which probably called "tahlan_weaponsoverdrive.system" i still can't find it's builtin hullmods anyway. And something tells me what if i somehow manage to export hullmods it's still not gonna work.

Maybe it would be better if i keep your mod folder and just delete everything except doominator related files? (can you give me the list then? it will greatly speed up process)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 12:27:38 AM by PainProjection »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111