Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104655 times)

sziklamester

• Ensign
  • A Lone Tenno
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.13
« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2020, 05:53:03 AM »

This mod looks pretty cool, but for unkown reasons the magic lib just crash the game so every mod what needs it sadly skippable by me.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2020, 04:02:05 AM »

Can you be a bit more specific about that Magic Lib issue? Do you have a Log to help track the cause?

sziklamester

• Ensign
  • A Lone Tenno
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2020, 12:16:01 PM »

Actually I haven't but once I will get into my pc I will try to replicate the issue. I only used 3 mod, the lazy lib, magic lib and the console commands.

- Okay, I get to my pc now and only shows in a small widow - Starsector 0.9a-RC10 / Fatal: index: 0, Size:0 - Check starsector.log for more info.

I didn't have the option to use the paste bin and it not saves what I copied there so I just share this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Starsector/starsector_log.log

Hope you can open / read it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 12:51:17 PM by sziklamester »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »

You don't have the latest version of the game. We are on 0.9.1a.

krabsan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 27, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »

Hi, I think there is an issue with the ristreza-class front mounted weapon, the gleipnir cannon, it doesn't seem to ever shoot.

Great work with the mod I'm very much enjoying it!

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 27, 2020, 03:27:05 PM »

Hi, I think there is an issue with the ristreza-class front mounted weapon, the gleipnir cannon, it doesn't seem to ever shoot.
I believe that weapon can only fire when the ship system is fully activated.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2020, 02:45:23 AM »

I love the design of the ships that come with this mod but man what a disappointment.

When I finally got my hands on the antique sector ships, I was astonished by how weak they are compared to their prices. Not only they are only available full of d-debuffs, they also come with a big innate debuff that accelerates their cr drop and drops armour.

I don't know what the author is thinking when balancing them, but when I bought the dominator (it costs a whopping 600k) I was expecting a beast. Well no. It's just a weaker version of the hegemony dominator. Also the legion is over 1 million!! I still don't understand why it is that overpriced...

The ships look absolutely amazing and the weapons too, what a shame about the balancing. I hope the author either improves them or reduce their prices.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 04:23:49 AM by Warnoise »

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2020, 04:24:58 AM »

You realize you can just open up the ship .csv and edit anything you disagree with, right?

GH ships are a flat 10% better than the base model, balanced only slightly by the armor and staying power debuff from the hullmod.

They have more OP to play with from the weapons cost reduction, their ship systems are better versions of the base ships, and they're stylish as all heckin.

I realize you're probably new to the game and don't have much experience - but the ships are WAY up there on the cost/effectiveness of mod ships, they're VERY good, stats wise.

And the Ristreza is a player bait ship - it can completely solo fleets that aren't heavy on shielded fighter spam/absurdly low ratio shields. A Ristreza is around the price of a conquest, and MUCH more effective. It's akin to a yamato, morpheus, or deserter sparrowhawk.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2020, 06:58:38 AM »

I love the design of the ships that come with this mod but man what a disappointment.

When I finally got my hands on the antique sector ships, I was astonished by how weak they are compared to their prices. Not only they are only available full of d-debuffs, they also come with a big innate debuff that accelerates their cr drop and drops armour.

I don't know what the author is thinking when balancing them, but when I bought the dominator (it costs a whopping 600k) I was expecting a beast. Well no. It's just a weaker version of the hegemony dominator. Also the legion is over 1 million!! I still don't understand why it is that overpriced...

The ships look absolutely amazing and the weapons too, what a shame about the balancing. I hope the author either improves them or reduce their prices.

You clearly don't understand how time acceleration works.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2020, 06:59:02 AM »

The conquest is around 350k while the resteza is 1 million. Resteza is not a bad ship but for that price it is the minimum one could expect I think.

As about the rest, we are talking about hegemony design here (dominator, legion, etc...) Armour is literally their most important stat, and by nerfing it they get demolished very quickly.

Did you forget that normal dominator is around 160k? The gh variant is 600k!!!

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 02, 2020, 07:16:21 AM »

Deal with it. The prices are excessive by design for many reasons. Nobody is forcing you to use them.

Sagitta

• Ensign
  • Kazerons Most Valuable Customer
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 02, 2020, 11:32:46 AM »

Warnoise, all Kassadari ships have constant time acceleration. ANY weapon you put on them fires/reloads 10% faster compared to normal ships. And if their hull drops to 30% integrity, all weapons fire/reload 30% faster! The reduction in armor actually just makes it easier to achieve this! Not convinced yet? There´s a hullmod that instantly puts the ship in this 30% overdrive mode...but disables shields. Oh my, (almost) all Kassadari ships are Low Tech hulls with lots of armor, what a coincidence!

In short, these ships have the firepower of 2 or 3 normal ships combined. I´m not even sure if time acceleration affects turret traverse, flux dissipation and venting but if it does that is even more ridicolous! Not to mention the unique ship systems and the Kassadari weapons. The armor penalty is an incredibly small downside, so it makes sense that these ships are so hard to get.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 02, 2020, 09:59:07 PM »

Warnoise, all Kassadari ships have constant time acceleration. ANY weapon you put on them fires/reloads 10% faster compared to normal ships. And if their hull drops to 30% integrity, all weapons fire/reload 30% faster! The reduction in armor actually just makes it easier to achieve this! Not convinced yet? There´s a hullmod that instantly puts the ship in this 30% overdrive mode...but disables shields. Oh my, (almost) all Kassadari ships are Low Tech hulls with lots of armor, what a coincidence!

In short, these ships have the firepower of 2 or 3 normal ships combined. I´m not even sure if time acceleration affects turret traverse, flux dissipation and venting but if it does that is even more ridicolous! Not to mention the unique ship systems and the Kassadari weapons. The armor penalty is an incredibly small downside, so it makes sense that these ships are so hard to get.

Thank you for at least, unlike the author, taking the time to explain instead. I wrote the complaint because I didn't feel a difference in the battlefield but thanks to your explanation I will check carefully this skill in the battlefield.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 10:24:04 PM by Warnoise »

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 02, 2020, 10:29:52 PM »

Haha this mod is great. The best part is all the balanced low/mid/high tech staple ships it adds, to the point where rare superships don't feel out of place by the time you run into one.

The low-tech weapons sound and look more powerful than vanilla equivalents but aren't stat-wise. I especially liked what seemed to be a slightly Light Mortar - finally made to sound and feel as deadly as the LM actually is.

Kind of dubious about the independent-owned starsystem with nice colonization targets. Hopefully that's a trap and triggers some events if you *do* colonize it, otherwise it's way too convenient.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.14
« Reply #344 on: February 09, 2020, 07:05:30 AM »

Here's a new update with lots of changes and a couple new things, most of which are hidden. Happy searching!

Save compatible, but hidden things won't spawn without a new save

Spoiler
Additions:
- Songbird-class experimental dronecarrier
- Amboss Heavy Autocannon
- Legio Infernalis system siege event
- Added new secrets

Changes:
- Reduced health of all fountain-type missiles
- Reduced speed of all fountain-type missiles
- Updated some visuals
- Ronka
 - Efficiency reduced to 1.1f/damage
 - Range reduced from 800 to 700
- all Castella variants:
 - Dissipation increased from 500 to 600 (to 700 for LI variant)
 - Armor increased from 1200 to 1400
- Infernalis Drives range malus removed. Now incompatible with Unstable Injector
- Kassadari Engineering is now no longer active during venting and overload
- Forced Overdrive
   - Armor bonus halved
   - OP costs slightly increased
- Raider Jets duration lowered
- Castigator variants
   - Armor reduced from 1500 to 1250
   - Reduced DP from 28 to 26
- Fixed Lasher (LI) turret mounts being treated as hardpoints
- Increased recoil on Efreet and changed something else but forgot what. DPS, probably
- Fixed a bug with broadside mounts leading to infinite repair times
- Increased Dun Scaith variants mass from 4200 to 6000
- Updated HVBs for new features
- Buffed the Timeless and Nameless. Find out the details for yourself
- Buffed Eradicator ammo regen and refire rate slightly
- Legio Infernalis should now be more resilient in Nex
- Hresvelgr X shipsystem changed to fortress shield
[close]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 07:11:20 AM by Nia Tahl »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 111