Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104329 times)

Florian

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.10b
« Reply #270 on: November 24, 2019, 05:55:08 PM »

1) not really, but I've been trying to reduce that aggressiveness somewhat

2) nope

3) they should work fine with Nex. Will check their settings again, just to be safe, though

4) if you mean as blueprint drops, then yes, pretty much all of them can drop as blueprints. Exceedingly rare, though

Hi.

I really enjoy your mod.

Howewer, i must agree with Xucthclu
- In Nexerelin, Legio Infernalis and XV battle group don't go to war. They just sit in their home system. LI gives missions tho.
- The doominator don't use its warp engine properly. Don't know if it's your mod fault.
- LI AI makes me laugh a lot with burn drives (sometimes not, i'm playing a campign with them) >>>  "LOL IMMA RAM THEM" exactly this ;D followed by "almost" poink blank volley of torps on an overcharged ship (the Hresvelgr LI is insane with diable avionics wanzers, aggressive officiers, anti shield "PD", a couple of sabot and 4 torps). It's so violent, it makes Starsector a PEGI 18 game.  ;D

I would really enjoy a complete faction mod based on Legio Infernalis (aside the stats of the ships, i love the design). 8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 05:56:53 PM by Florian »

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 24, 2019, 06:13:02 PM »

2) Does your mod have anything to do with a planet called Nauvis and a star system with a red giant covered in some shield-things? Basically, I found a high-danger system that is riddled with remnants. There's 6 Remnant Nexus stations around a red dwarf, a bunch of Ordos spawning in, along with motherships (the time-slowing carrier ones), and a really odd looking planet called Nauvis which looks like a prospect for a colony but only after I decide to shut down the massive remnant farm (since I have a colony in nearby system, I can resupply there and drop off cargo without going far).

Nauvis is from Tyrador Safeguard Coalition.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 24, 2019, 10:35:45 PM »

I gotta try out loading up a Hresvelgr with wanzers, then. I haven't tried aggressive officers yet at all. Imma try it out, I just hope it won't end up destroying my ships.

Oh, and the Legio Infernalis passivity thing, like I said, they don't participate in any alliance forming events, saturation bombardments, invasions or anything like that.

Imma look into Tyrador regarding Nauvis, ty.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 25, 2019, 02:27:16 AM »

Ah, yeh, it's probably cause Legio is currently tagged as a pirate faction, but since I disabled their base building behaviour, I should set them back to a normal faction.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 25, 2019, 06:14:44 AM »

How hard would it be to add a config option to turn off the spawning of the Legio Infernalis worlds so Tahlan still works with random worlds?

Or how hard would it be for me as a non-programmer to turn them off?

I like random sector a lot and would hate to play without Tahlan.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 25, 2019, 06:33:27 AM »

Random sector will still work fine, it just won't spawn the Tahlan-specific systems in random mode. Everything else work just fine.

cathar

• Lieutenant
  • ludd is bae
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 25, 2019, 06:36:58 AM »

From the comments I read on the last page, it looked like it crashes?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 25, 2019, 08:14:14 AM »

No it doesn't. The CTD that was talked about has to do with console commands

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 26, 2019, 11:04:39 AM »

The issue is that I haven't seen them acting like pirates, either. Usually, when pirates or any other faction start raiding a system, I get a notification. It isn't like that with Legio. They do seem to be vengeful with Hegemony, for some reason (idk if that is by default, if it is, then nvm).

Also,

Spoiler
The mothership from the remnant fleets is quite a beast, had to get a paragon to consistently bring these things down.
[close]

Ah, yeh, it's probably cause Legio is currently tagged as a pirate faction, but since I disabled their base building behaviour, I should set them back to a normal faction.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 27, 2019, 08:39:39 AM »

yes, because their base building is disabled. I forgot to remove their pirate faction flag alongside that. Pirate raids come from pirate bases.

I decided to disable that behaviour for the time being as there aren't any ways to scale their frequency or the like. I'll likely look into giving them unique campaign events instead.

Woahwow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 28, 2019, 12:27:56 PM »

Something doesn't make sense to me: The LP Bento now has 4 small ballistic mounts even though it used to have 2 small and 2 medium, and even now the sprite shows those 2 medium mounts. Was this an accident? I couldn't find anything in the changelog.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »

Huh. That is an error, yeh. No idea how I didn't notice it. Will fix next update.

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2019, 03:35:02 PM »

Will they be able to have diplomacy when you do that? I fear if they can't broker peace with at least some of the many factions they're hostile to initially, they may wind up getting bullied in many campaigns, despite having strong home defences. Kadur's ability to make peace with at least some of their laundry list of foes is the only thing that keeps them alive sometimes...

puffzor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2019, 03:16:08 PM »

Did something about the overcharged fusion torch change recently? I see that it's marked as fairly rare in the weapons.csv but I haven't seen a single one in over 20 cycles in my latest game, whereas I think the other weapon that has a similar rarity modifier I've seen multiple times in different shops.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 02, 2019, 02:10:53 PM »

It's a pirate weapon so it'll only show up in their markets and fleets
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 111