Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1105048 times)

The_White_Falcon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9c
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2019, 06:35:56 PM »

Hello, just wanted to also report that with the latest update the problem with the Legio Infernalis and other factions in the random worlds generation from Nexerelin are still not being generated and in dev mode; still causing CTD's. 

A quick test for this:
1) Start a new game in dev mode
2) Select random home worlds/sector generations options
3) Once game starts, click the 'm' key which would normally spawn a random scuttled shuttle to loot a ton of items/blueprints from
4) Game always crashes due to unknown null pointers from this mod.

Assumptions: This is probably linked with the problem related towards all your factions never generating with all the other factions when you start with random home worlds.

I noticed someone else had brought this up in a response; but he also made a balancing request in the same response.  You only responded towards the balance part but did not mention anything about working on a possible fix towards this issue.  Was just hoping to get some clarity on whether there is a fix coming soon.

If this particular problem has been stumping you; may I suggest reaching out the Arsenal Expansion or the Junk Pirates mods' developers who seem to figured out how to work the random home worlds generation.  In the Junk Pirates mod; his factions are thrown into the random mix.  Arsenal Expansion actually overrides the randomness by always creating his custom star system (The Eyrie) with his custom faction's worlds still owned by said faction (Ninth Battlegroup).

Lastly; thank you for this terrific mod.  The Legio Infernalis ships are by far my most favorite out of any mod.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 08:23:01 PM by The_White_Falcon »

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 06, 2019, 01:24:37 AM »

Can confirm, CTD with Legio Infernalis

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2019, 04:12:26 AM »

From what I was told by Histi, that seems to be a vanilla bug in relation with DevMode, see here:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13205.msg222464#msg222464

So not my problem.

As for random worlds: Don't care. Never use it, don't care about supporting it.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.9d - Last before the tournament
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2019, 09:25:39 AM »

Another update here. Adds some new missile launchers, a special Ristreza variant and reworks the Porphyrion yet again

Download in first post as always. Save compatible.

Changelog:
Spoiler
0.3.9d
Additions:
- Added Cascadia Missile Battlecruiser - Variant of Ristreza
- Added Fount Swarmer Battery
- Added Fountain Dual Swamer Battery
- Added additional support for various other mods' features

Changes:
- Karion Seeker Battery:
   - Reduced range to 1500
   - Reduced burst size to 3
   - Reduced chargedown to 5s
   - Added ammo capacity of 12
   - Added ammo regen of 0.3/s in stacks of 3
- Reworked Porphyrion again
   - Now a high-alpha cannon with some AoE
[close]

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 11, 2019, 08:19:09 AM »

Pirate Castella assault burn cooldown seems little too short, it can easly catch up with fast cruisers even destroyers. Is it intended?

Edit: Also if you fire while using assault burn it adds extra speed to your weapons so that means your weapon can reach to maybe more than 2k range
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 12:04:31 PM by tokmak333 »

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2019, 07:36:50 AM »

Assumptions: This is probably linked with the problem related towards all your factions never generating with all the other factions when you start with random home worlds.
https://mega.nz/#!NOYiWAbD!ut1-9gk32U_8KpxD-O1KjSZgI-7LehXD27AxICWdIOY
Might require Interstellar Imperium (Industries), delete a row and it won't. This is barebone, take a look at other faction(Nex configs) files and you can flesh it out however you like.
https://bitbucket.org/Histidine/exerelin/wiki/FactionConfig
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:56:10 AM by Innominandum »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2019, 10:56:23 AM »

https://mega.nz/#!NOYiWAbD!ut1-9gk32U_8KpxD-O1KjSZgI-7LehXD27AxICWdIOY
Might require Interstellar Imperium (Industries), delete a row and it won't. This is barebone, take a look at other faction(Nex configs) files and you can flesh it out however you like.
https://bitbucket.org/Histidine/exerelin/wiki/FactionConfig

The Great Houses aren't a faction and shouldn't ever spawn in random sector mode. Stop *** with my stuff.

edit:
To elaborate, so people don't think I'm just throwing a fit:

Neither the houses nor the Legio are playable factions, which is why they won't spawn in Nex random sector mode. The Great Houses aren't a faction to begin with. They only have a faction file to allow for GH-themed free starts and some other functionality in corvus mode. They aren't even remotely balanced for random sector as all they have are GH ships. The Legio on the other hand are designed around having a single fortified home system in corvus mode that relies on some custom conditions and industries to have stability as they are hated by everyone and their markets would just die due to inability to trade.

Your "fix" to make them spawn in random mode is to make both factions playable which just breaks things in corvus mode, especially for the great houses cause they aren't a faction.

But fine, feel free to make those changes, but don't come complaining to me if things get weird as a result.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 11:20:02 AM by Nia Tahl »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.10 - Last before the tournament
« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2019, 01:12:01 PM »

Updated, btw. Fixed link, too

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2019, 01:39:31 PM »

The Great Houses aren't a faction and shouldn't ever spawn in random sector mode. Stop *** with my stuff.
This is a great introduction into the inner workings of starsector modding for The_White_Falcon if nothing else, from my perspective at least.
...feel free to make those changes, but don't come complaining to me if things get weird as a result.
Bump, thats pretty much a given.
I don't have a solution for stepping away, because it's hard to step away when the drama follows you. But I'm available if you need to vent to someone who sees your side.
As in all matters in Life, keeping a level head is paramount and drama does rarely just walk into your life, its mostly, you either creating, inviting or associating with it.   
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:44:37 PM by Innominandum »

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2019, 04:09:47 PM »

This is a great introduction into the inner workings of starsector modding for The_White_Falcon if nothing else, from my perspective at least.

Yeah, right... I bet

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »

Yeah, right... I bet
i find your lack of faith disturbing

Green Ghost

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.10 - Last before the tournament
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2019, 07:27:02 AM »

Is 0.3.10 save compatible?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.10a
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »

yes. If an update requires a new save, I add a post to state so. If there's no such thing, then it's save compatible

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.10b
« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2019, 02:07:07 PM »

So, I've been trying this mod out, among others, and I've some questions. First of all, though, I'm really digging some of these ships, especially the 6-slot carrier.

1) Is Castella supposed to be generally so aggressive? I swear it sometimes gets itself killed due to going "LOL IMMA RAM THEM" with their burn drive. It's done it to battlestations, even, it will just ram them at some point and all the while I'm quite surprised as to why.

2) Does your mod have anything to do with a planet called Nauvis and a star system with a red giant covered in some shield-things? Basically, I found a high-danger system that is riddled with remnants. There's 6 Remnant Nexus stations around a red dwarf, a bunch of Ordos spawning in, along with motherships (the time-slowing carrier ones), and a really odd looking planet called Nauvis which looks like a prospect for a colony but only after I decide to shut down the massive remnant farm (since I have a colony in nearby system, I can resupply there and drop off cargo without going far).

3) Is Legio Infernalis integrated as a faction in Nex? It literally seems to not be doing anything other than just hanging out in its cozy chill spot. No wars, invasions, no nothing.

4) Any of those fancy time-bendy ships available as drops?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.3.10b
« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2019, 04:32:37 PM »

1) not really, but I've been trying to reduce that aggressiveness somewhat

2) nope

3) they should work fine with Nex. Will check their settings again, just to be safe, though

4) if you mean as blueprint drops, then yes, pretty much all of them can drop as blueprints. Exceedingly rare, though
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 111