Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1104401 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Update 0.3.3d

Balance changes and some improvements to some of the GH refit ship systems.

Changelog:
Spoiler
0.3.3d
Changes:
- Changed Monitor (GH) ship system to Stronghold Shield
- Changed Dominator (GH) ship system to Cavalry Charge
- Changed Legion (GH) default loadout to use Caliver bombers instead of Perditions

Balancing:
- Increased OP cost of Hekaton-class torpedos to 2,4,14 OP for single, rack and launcher respectively (from 1,2,10)
- Lowered Yukikaze flux capacity from 14000 to 12000
- Lowered Castella armor to 1200
- Lowered Castella OP to 240
- Lowered Castella flux cap to 11000
- Prism Coil max charges reduced from 40 to 30

[close]
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Reupload for some minor fixes. Redownload if you updated to 0.3.3d prior to this post

R.U.A

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Fantasic!
Access to RDS failed.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

A couple of bits of commentary:

The Armiger Battery is, for some reason, set to a manufacturer of "Low Tech" rather than "The Great Houses"; if it's genuinely not supposed to be a GH weapon, then it should probably leave that column blank and get classified as a "common" weapon, as it's the only weapon across any mod I use that gets tagged as "Low Tech".  If, on the other hand, it should be a GH weapon, then it should probably go into the GH blueprint pack.

The one-shot Hekaton torpedo is still not showing up in the GH blueprint pack - looks like this is just a basic typo, as its tags include "tahlan_knights_bp", while all the others read "tahlan_knight_bp".

The Shiva Disruptor Beam doesn't have any blueprint options at all, and thus does not show up in the campaign; I'd suggest adding it to the project Kaze blueprint.

The Atrapos Lance is... in kindof a weird place, balance-wise.  On paper it looks like it should be pretty good - compared to things like the Phase Lance, the Atrapos is notably longer-ranged, but also notably less potent (350 armor penetration for the Atrapos Lance versus 500 for the Phase Lance).  In practice, though, it falls far short; the GH ships tend to have hybrid slots that could fit superior ballistic options, while energy-based ships are unable to take advantage of its long range - and, unlike the Phase Lance, the Atrapos is essentially completely ineffective against shields, due to a combination of vastly lower damage-per-burst with it being an HE-type weapon.  (Compare, for another example, the Sylphon Stricture, which - while still ineffective against shields - is a vastly superior weapon due to having 1000 armor penetration.)
I'm not sure what the right balance change for it is, but at the moment it's definitely not worth 12 OP.

It's kindof weird that the Disparax Proto (a medium weapon) is 20% stronger than the Disparax (a large weapon), but - given that the proto is a built-in weapon that only appears on a ship hull that I haven't seen in the campaign - this is really a non-issue.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

1. It's not GH, changing it to "Common"

2. fixed

3. fixed

4. Still messing with that gun. It has some specific applications on GH ships as there's at least one of them with medium energy mounts and their might be more in the future, potentially

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Atrapos lance is a perfect gun for Eagle and Falcon, actually, since its long range means that it can supplement long-range ballistic weapons. It's also a perfectly accurate HE weapon, which helps at long distances and against fighters. It's up there competing with Machete Multipurpose Laser for those slots.
Cavalry Charge ship system doesn't have a description yet and I'm not sure if it boosts weapons or not.
And finally, you might want to include Exa Pico in one of the GH starts, as its pretty rare otherwise. castigator hegemon start when

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

Atrapos is losing 100 range and gaining a bit more damage. Long range HE energy can be quite dangerous a thing to make. The intent is for it to be a bit like a medium HIL but with more style.

Cavalry charge description will be fixed once I get around to updating again.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

I find Kodai cruiser a very effective and fun machine. It is of course extremely vurnerable to flanking , similar to Dominator, but Dominator is sturdier , have more firepower and can take few hits, when this repurposed mining ship cannot for long time. Mining lance turn it basically into Getto Nevermore. 4 medium slot forward i use most of time for shield pounding weapons, sometimes mixed with anti armor ones. Mining lance is nice , but it dont have much in term of range. Big issue i found as very high lvl guy in campaign , is amount of speed and manouverability which actually dont help to get mining lance on target which are not a size of moon.  Kodai's are now a big part of fleet, basically murdered a Retribution class from it.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile

I was wondering why my standard Tri-Tachyon markets only had a few ships and always a Prometheus. I was told to look for empty arrays in my mods' faction files and it turns out it's this one.

At lines 21 and 27 there are two empty arrays. I commented both, and my markets are normal again.

Pyrce

• Ensign
    • View Profile

FYI one of the files in the mod is incorrectly capitalized, which makes loading the mod on linux crash.

graphics/tahlan/weapons/deco/tahlan_Izanami_glow_01.png

needs to have the "I" lowercased

graphics/tahlan/weapons/deco/tahlan_izanami_glow_01.png

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile

ugh, *** Linux >_>

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Linux?

[attachment deleted by admin]

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile

Linux?
File names in Linux are case-sensitive. Get the capitalization (or lack of) wrong with certain commands, and well...

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

You can say it like that on tanks:

Linux is like Tiger. Very complex, powerfull , made with extremely precision, pron to combust from slight maintenance fail.

Windows is like russian tonk: To start you need a hammer. Big , brutal and heavy hammer. But, it will move in any temperatures and weathers, even 70 years without maintenance. But if it break, it break immiedatly and completely and you're screwed.

Pyrce

• Ensign
    • View Profile

To be fair I think it'd have the same issue for Mac too given they both have case sensitive file systems.

But yeah I normally play on Windows, but had the itch while on a trip with only my work computer  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 111