Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 112

Author Topic: [0.96a] Tahlan Shipworks  (Read 1118795 times)

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.5
« Reply #1155 on: October 10, 2022, 08:13:24 AM »

As I've said before, the regenerating armour is getting adjusted to no longer regenerate under fire alongside other tweaks and bugfixes. Update is just taking a while cause it's pretty big.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 10, 2022, 10:51:03 PM »

Will the update be safe to use with existing saves?
Because the current situation with the Daemons is pretty terrible balance-wise.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 11, 2022, 12:23:11 AM »

Will break saves, I'm afraid. If you want to keep a current save and feel daemons are too busted, you can disable them in the mod settings file and it'll apply to an existing save.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666
« Reply #1158 on: October 11, 2022, 10:58:40 AM »

Update 0.8.666 is here.

Good news:
Should address most issues with Legio and Daemons.

Bad news:
This will break saves, even if you are on one of the Discord beta releases.

Astrefernal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 11, 2022, 01:19:30 PM »

I've been enjoying this mod for some time now. Mainly in random sectors. I played with the fixed one only recently and came to some fun realisations :

One - The Legio is a monster faction in fixed sector. In the random one with default wheight it is barelly relevent to have it but in fixed sector, they are actually a threat, or a good ally.

Two - The Kassadari House could make for one hell of a story line with the birth of a new faction in the end. They have decent weapons and their ships are actually good compared to my experience with the vanilla versions (Kassadari Legion new best ship for me).

And three - This is more of a fun interaction. I use the UAF mod and the system with the Kassadari is just north west of UAF controled space, and I had many UAF deliveries to make to the Kassadari. Fun fact that made me smile.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 11, 2022, 03:00:46 PM »

Just read through the changelog.  This sounds like it will definitely make fighting them more interesting.  I could do it before but it was a grind that was oppressive just to think about.

On the ?plus side, it forced me to figure out all sorts of ways of cheesing fights.

Anyway, thank you for the update.  I do like pretty much all your work.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 11, 2022, 04:44:15 PM »

... Two - The Kassadari House could make for one hell of a story line with the birth of a new faction in the end. They have decent weapons and their ships are actually good compared to my experience with the vanilla versions (Kassadari Legion new best ship for me).....
Sadly, as has been stated by Nia many a time, the Great Houses will never be it's own faction. At least not for any foreseeable future.

I do wish that starting as them would give you a higher Independent reputation though, it's a bit weird to start at their home world as presumably one of them and yet not be able to access their military market.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 11, 2022, 05:03:28 PM »

I do wish that starting as them would give you a higher Independent reputation though, it's a bit weird to start at their home world as presumably one of them and yet not be able to access their military market.

The idea of the start is that you are a noname lesser noble setting out to make a name for yourself. Nobody knows you yet.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 11, 2022, 07:23:29 PM »

Starting as the Legio renegade, with the new "you f*'d up" description, you start at rep +50 with Legio.  Maybe that should be -50?

Mendora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 12, 2022, 03:03:01 AM »

I just download the new version today and suddenly the game drop dead the moment after character creation and the game's error message told me that it's because it need some file from Nexerelin (Nexconfig or something D:)

But I play the previous version just fine before without it, do this mod need Nexerelin now? D :

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 12, 2022, 10:06:55 AM »

I just download the new version today and suddenly the game drop dead the moment after character creation and the game's error message told me that it's because it need some file from Nexerelin (Nexconfig or something D:)

But I play the previous version just fine before without it, do this mod need Nexerelin now? D :
Standard check first: Did you delete the old mod folder and replace it with the new one?

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 12, 2022, 12:03:13 PM »

Starting as the Legio renegade, with the new "you f*'d up" description, you start at rep +50 with Legio.  Maybe that should be -50?

idk, shouldn't be the case. Random sector maybe?

Accidental dependency, sorry. Will be fixed in the first hotfix probably tomorrow.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666a
« Reply #1167 on: October 12, 2022, 12:25:47 PM »

Nevermind that. Uploaded a hotfix

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 12, 2022, 12:36:17 PM »

idk, shouldn't be the case. Random sector maybe?

Just checked - standard start puts me at +50 with Legio.  Random puts me at +80.

raco12

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Tahlan Shipworks 0.8.666a
« Reply #1169 on: October 12, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »

Hello!

Your mod is amazing! Frankly my favorite starsector mod! Because all that it adds is just amazing!

I wanted to ask and also suggest, that in the future The Great Houses can come as a faction to try to recover their lost power.

I know you already told on FAQ that they sre supposed to by a minor independent state, but there's a lot of potencial por a secondary campaign with the Great Houses in Kassardar and Lethia System.

Maybe new characters that give you the mission of reclaiming what was once part of the great houses.

I think this would be an awesome twist to the mod, maybe they start as an independent city and through missions they become a full playable faction with military power on the sector.

And I have a question. When you try to colonize some planets on Lethia, some of them have this claim trait that give the player minus population growth, is there a way to combat this trait? Like with DIY Plantes subjugation corps that literally go Warhammer 40K on the local population to make em comply.

Because even if those planets are claimed by the Great Houses, if you have the power, you should be able to fully claim them, at least with the cycles passing by.

Your mod is amazing! Keep the good work!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 112