Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hostile Activity (09/01/22)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 576982 times)

Dadada

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27
« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2022, 06:22:33 AM »

>I will look at weapons and wings in support4
Nice, thank you.

Warnoise

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2022, 06:34:49 PM »

Quote from: Timid
My success was using Solar Shielding or Shield Shunting them.  ;) Kadur ships aren't really built to fight vs Ordo fleets (ordos can phase out and outmanuever most of kadur's ship system) but otherwise Kadur carriers have some success as opposed to Ordo carriers.

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2022, 08:41:59 PM »

If a faction doesn't have the capability to defeat an ordo doesn't that make it underpowered? Considering ordos are supposed to be late game challenge I believe they are a good evaluation for whether a fleet is balanced or not.

Now to be honest kadur ships have nothing substantial to make up for their shield stats and manoeuvrability debuff (which are both one of the most important stats in fleet battles). It'd be great if kadur ships in general get more ordinance points or better flux stats.

Because adding heavy armor on top of their already abysmal manoeuvrability turns them into sitting bricks.

Anyway this is just my first impression, I will keep testing them with different builds and see what they really are capable of.
Kadurs mainly are good vs armor bricks, Ordos are.. well shield bricks. I'll probably look substantially at the weapons more and reduce a few OP cost which should give a little wiggle room for Kadur ships to put into vents and caps.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]