Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [0.96a] Missiles and Sundry - Missile tweaks for vanilla  (Read 111162 times)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Missiles and Sundry - Missile and Ballistic tweaks for vanilla
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2019, 01:20:49 PM »

I'd have to make yet another version of the mod with slower reload times and that's not happening. If you have specific examples of missiles reloading too quickly I'll take a lot at it, but in general you'll get less missile swarms than in vanilla because I've added lengthy refire times to all the missiles that were missing them.

Selbin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »

Just thought I'd ask, as I had an idea last night: Would it be at all feasible to have the mod, instead of tweaking individual weapons, be, say, a hullmod that gives regen to missiles? It'd have to do some kind of data search and screen out ones that already regen, and might involve some pretty complicated math to determine the regen rates of various missiles based on their default stats, but....

Like I said, this is just an idea. I'm not a modder, so I cannot accurately judge how big of a pain this might be.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2019, 02:21:31 AM »

you can basically just copy PeriodicMissileReload.java and adjust it to taste

ebolamorph

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

will we ever get a just missile regen version of this mod? Thats all out of this mod that i want. The magazine based ballistics i can do without tbh.

Preferably with the respective vanilla reload stats and vanilla friendly stats for single fire launchers

for single fire launchers i just had an even better idea. If any of you here watched the remake of the battlestar galactica series then youd know about the ammo factory scene aboard galactica. What if, hear me out, what if there was something like this aboard every ship for ballistics, and with a hullmod we could enhance out ships ammo production facility to produce missiles and torpedoes. The rule being that the larger the torpedo the longer it will take to build and reload a new one. For smaller missiles the reload could be fairly quick or for, say as an example, a single fire harpoon launcher, the reload would be fairly quick (within reason. It IS a barely not a torp after all from what ive noticed) due to it only being one missile with larger launchers taking longer to reload due to having to manufacture multiple missiles for that reload
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 03:34:48 PM by ebolamorph »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

will we ever get a just missile regen version of this mod?
For a quick and dirty fix, venture into starsector-core/data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv and for missile_reload set unlocked to TRUE.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile

will we ever get a just missile regen version of this mod? Thats all out of this mod that i want. The magazine based ballistics i can do without tbh.
The download includes a version of the weapon_data.csv that's missiles only. To switch to that, go into the mod folder/data/weapons and rename the missile_only_weapon_data.csv to weapon_data.csv (replacing the existing one). Edit: I'll put this in the first post.

Doing regen missiles with vanilla refire rates would be broken as hell and the AI wouldn't know how to handle it while the player would. Not gonna do that, but you can make those changes yourself if you want. Proper credit if uploaded to the public, etc.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:21:13 AM by DatonKallandor »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »

A script that goes through every weapon and sets magazine size and reload for ALL (optionally) ballistics and missile weapons would make this mod generally employable alongside other mods.
Technically shouldn't be hard to implement.

At least support for Ship/Weapon Pack which I consider vanilla would be much appreciated. (poor Ion Torpedo Rack still not worth to use)

Transuni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2020, 06:37:41 PM »

Alright, I'd like to try out the version that has at least some mod faction support in the future. Thanks for this, it's a very interesting mod.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2020, 04:40:50 AM »

I don't see how a script could be doable. There's just too much manual tweaking to be done. Missiles are too complex for blanket "if fire rate and damage equal X, set reload to Y" formulas.

As for SWP, I don't use that, so I haven't done a version for it. And even if I had, I can't put their files in my mod.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2020, 07:52:10 AM »

I don't see how a script could be doable. There's just too much manual tweaking to be done. Missiles are too complex for blanket "if fire rate and damage equal X, set reload to Y" formulas.

As for SWP, I don't use that, so I haven't done a version for it. And even if I had, I can't put their files in my mod.

Yes, I've seen the mod structure(s) and I understand how that could raise legal issues.
For the algorithm worst case scenario is set reload/capacity values could make some missiles weaker than others, which still a better scenario than skipping missiles in general like I did before this mod. (wouldn't like to get into ballistics, caz modded large weapons already feel inferior to some medium alternatives, especially the Gauss)
Anyway, thanks for raising vanilla missiles out of trash tier.   8)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 07:10:39 AM »

Testing a new version of this, update shouldn't take too long.

The next version will probably not include any ballistics changes, because the newly rebalanced energy weapons and especially the skill tree buffs to energy weapons have closed the gap and ballistics don't need a nerf anymore.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2021, 10:05:11 AM »

Good to hear that this is still worked on.

I've always liked the ammo reloading mechanic ever since it (briefly) was part of the game officially (since both the earlier 'ballistics are just empty at some point' and the current 'ballistics are infinite' feel unsatisfying).

Looking forward to it!

CauseWeKan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2021, 07:31:45 PM »

Any update on release window? This mod is essential for me, i wanna jump into the new game with the new additions but i don't wanna start without this magnificent mod.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 06:12:56 AM »

First post is updated.

New Version there or here: https://github.com/DatonKallandor/Missiles-and-Sundry-0.95a-RC12/releases/tag/RC12

Let me know if bugs show up and how the Breach SRMs perform - I've found they are not really that useful, but that's a vanilla issue and they don't seem any less useful with the current regen values.

Acruid

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »

Thank you for updating this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4