Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!  (Read 385177 times)

SCMDR_Aramantha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!
« Reply #390 on: September 03, 2023, 02:54:54 AM »

Cool. So the public github is setup. Url is https://github.com/FluffyRabb/StarSectorDIYPlanets
Anyone who would like to contribute let me know as I understand a couple of people have already tweaked the .jar file so could introduce their fixes quickly.
Regarding the forum I will need to chat to Kentington as it would be best to keep this is the same thread but not sure if he can transfer ownership of the initial posts so
they can be edited. Perhaps someone knows a moderator on the forum who could assist with this giving the new project lead (whomever) that may be access.

Hi, is the GitHub version of the mod compatible with 0.96a?

sathanas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 03, 2023, 04:13:21 AM »

Here's a link to the 0.96 .JAR as a stopgap. Apologies to the few who DMed me, I'm in the middle of a heavy project at work and wasn't monitoring very closely.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/M90SOSKv#link

Edit: This service is limited to 50 downloads, I'll set up a git repo somewhere...

Further edit: grab the JAR compiled by FluffyRabbit. It's updated further compared to mine which is just 1.0.15 made to work with 0.96a.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 04:59:20 PM by sathanas »

FluffyRabbit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 03, 2023, 05:29:17 AM »

Hi, I don't believe the version on github is compatible with 0.96a but I don't know. I just got the code so if someone is willing to test it then we can find any bugs. I would ask that you submit the issue on github with a save file ideally so I can debug the issue in code. I've uploaded the compiled jar file onto the github so you could take the 0.95a release, replace the .jar and the mod_info then try it out. I'm new to starsector modding so I need to get familiar with the dev mode in starsector so I can create the scenarios to test easily so a save game from someone would help a lot to get it compatible asap.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 05:39:49 AM by FluffyRabbit »

sathanas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 03, 2023, 05:48:46 AM »

Hi, I don't believe the version on github is compatible with 0.96a but I don't know. I just got the code so if someone is willing to test it then we can find any bugs. I would ask that you submit the issue on github with a save file ideally so I can debug the issue in code. I've uploaded the compiled jar file onto the github so you could take the 0.95a release, replace the .jar and the mod_info then try it out. I'm new to starsector modding so I need to get familiar with the dev mode in starsector so I can create the scenarios to test easily so a save game from someone would help a lot to get it compatible asap.

Thanks for your efforts!

For anybody trying the JAR out, let me know if you encounter any issues. The only tests I've run are on my heavily modded copy of Starsector after all.

NocturneOfSolace

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 03, 2023, 03:39:21 PM »

Hi everyone. Kentington has come through for us and provided me with the source code. I just got it up and running in debug mode this evening on 0.96a . Quite a few people have offered to contribute which is great and he said I'm welcome to setup a github where people can contribute. My goal was just to get the mod up to date with the new version but if someone is interested in taking it further he also provided his ideas for a future roadmap (he said we aren't obligated to follow this). I know El Jojo is quite keen to integrate this mod into  AoTD which might fit nicely as well. I will post up the git here tomorrow and people are welcome. If someone is really keen to head up the mod and take it further then please PM me as I can't be trusted with being in charge :)

thank heavens, thanks so much to you and Kentington, it's such a relief to know this mod won't be abandoned

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 03, 2023, 08:02:18 PM »

Is there a way to remove parts of this mod like I want to just have the planet/brown dwarf creation functions and is there a good way to do that?

seVex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 04, 2023, 09:23:10 AM »

Yay good job team. Making the mod public sounds wonderful. I would love to tweak it and see what ideas other people have.

I already started using the other terraforming mod for my current playthrough but this will make good excuse to start another when I'm ready.

CaptainPhoenix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 04, 2023, 10:01:22 PM »

Yay good job team. Making the mod public sounds wonderful. I would love to tweak it and see what ideas other people have.

I already started using the other terraforming mod for my current playthrough but this will make good excuse to start another when I'm ready.

You can actually use both if you disable the terraforming content in TaSC mod...that's what I did in 0.95 I like the content of this mods and the stations of the other mod

FluffyRabbit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 07, 2023, 09:21:13 AM »

Hi All,

I've asked Kentington to update the thread and mod index properly but I've tested and it seems the mod is working fine with 0.96a.

You can basically just download the github and replace the files in your old DIYPlanets mod folder in Starsector.

Once I hear from Kentington we can hopefully update the 1st post of the thread and the give a proper zip download link for people.

Kentington

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 07, 2023, 10:52:36 AM »

Apologies to everyone who tried to contact me on this board - I've had so little free time this past year that I've barely thought about Starsector, but I'm glad that people seem to still be enjoying my mods! I've passed on the source code to FluffyRabbit and added a GitHub link to the original post. Might be helpful to start a new topic for the community-maintained version so that the first post can be edited.

Kiyo2023

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 10, 2023, 11:24:45 AM »

The github doesn't seem to have a downloadable file. Where can I get this or is it not ready yet? I'm new-ish to the game and have seen this mod in playthroughs and am keen to try it out.

Zr0Potential

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 10, 2023, 05:54:48 PM »

Apologies to everyone who tried to contact me on this board - I've had so little free time this past year that I've barely thought about Starsector, but I'm glad that people seem to still be enjoying my mods! I've passed on the source code to FluffyRabbit and added a GitHub link to the original post. Might be helpful to start a new topic for the community-maintained version so that the first post can be edited.

Thank you for your service and best of luck in your future endeavors  ;D

FluffyRabbit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 11, 2023, 09:58:21 AM »

Hi All,

Here is a link to the new thread with the download zip. The moderators will replace the one on the mod index page so people can find that one in future.

https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=27992.msg412033#msg412033

zacharywere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 19, 2023, 08:54:10 PM »

i got a crash from the thing
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]