Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Mod ideas.  (Read 2109 times)

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Mod ideas.
« on: January 14, 2019, 03:39:14 AM »

1: i would like to see some alien remnants. Like stations, worlds, mayby one or two supersturctures like Dyson sphere or Ringworld. I woul find it intresting also if this would be aliens mentioned in lore of Onslaught. Like we could be a boogiemans in their folklore.

2: bigger world. I hope someone can do a twice as big world as now it is. It would make a exploaration of fringes more challenging as you would need much more fuel and supplies, combined with hefty credits to pay your crew.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:47:23 AM by Hrothgar »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
Re: Mod ideas.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 05:50:44 PM »

1. Sounds like plenty of work. You'd better get started right away, it'll take you a while.

2. Sounds easier, but might break something. You'd have to increase the frequency of motherships, cryosleepers, and other rare exploration items, and probably increase the number of Remnant systems.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:06:54 PM »

1: i would like to see some alien remnants. Like stations, worlds, mayby one or two supersturctures like Dyson sphere or Ringworld. I woul find it intresting also if this would be aliens mentioned in lore of Onslaught. Like we could be a boogiemans in their folklore.

2: bigger world. I hope someone can do a twice as big world as now it is. It would make a exploaration of fringes more challenging as you would need much more fuel and supplies, combined with hefty credits to pay your crew.

Not too sure of your intended scope but it could be cute. Finding a shattered ringworld campaign entity. On interaction it provides some lore, possibly being highly resistant to ballistics and the majority of damage being indicative of Thermal Pulse Cannons. Maybe a nearby derelict Onslaught.

Bigger world has a number of technical challenges but the core concept of more difficult exploration is maybe more practical. For example handcrafted star systems that are designed to be more difficult, perhaps even additional, mod terrains.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:53:01 AM »

I think that i will make a progress faster in first idea than second. So i have few ideas how i will "emulate" a inside of Dyson Sphere already. I will in this week start work on it, i dont think i will be able to do both in the same time , for first, second, i will need to read everything about modding to Starsector first. I was doing work for Divide an Conquer and Fallout Desert Europe , but mostly as tester/ idea provider/ writer , not modder per se.