Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Hotkey to fire weapon group without switching to said weapon group  (Read 2270 times)

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Well, this is not any hard to press 2, press rmb to launch missile and instantly press 1 to switch back to main weapon, this can ever be automated by mouse\keyboard marco stuff and binded outside of game to mb3 or any other additional mouse key.
With slow hands this can be done by pausing first, switching groups firing weapon and switching group back.

Still, ability to use weapon from group directly and without changing active groups is lacking.
I would like to see something like this, in form of direct hotkey, like pressing E cause single sabot from second group to fire, or pressing rmb holding alt (or other key) cause secondary weapon group to fire.

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Hotkey to fire weapon group without switching to said weapon group
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:44:45 AM »

This was brought up before but AFAIK Alex doesn't like how it would need not selected non-autofire weapons to also follow the cursor.

My workaround is using slot 1 manually and binding slot 2 autofire toggle to a thumb mouse button.
Not the same but works pretty well for almost all cases where you'd want this setup.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 05:52:43 AM »

Alex doesn't like how it would need not selected non-autofire weapons to also follow the cursor.
But they do that already.

Draba

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:16:51 AM »

Alex doesn't like how it would need not selected non-autofire weapons to also follow the cursor.
But they do that already.

Huh, checked it out and they really do.
No clue then, work around it for now and keep nagging :)

Morgan Rue

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 10:48:31 AM »

It would be nice to be able to set this kind of thing in weapon groups. So you can have weapon groups which fire when you select them instead of being selected. But this is more of a "when it's done" thing, not something needed right now.
Dauntless.

gozolo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »

I also have a slow hand - rather, my muscle memory doesn't include number keys. Ideally for me, the mouse wheel would rotate through the weapon groups while the game is unpaused and zoom while it's paused.