Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My biggest problem with Officers  (Read 4084 times)

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: My biggest problem with Officers
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 08:58:01 AM »

But then you could make an argument for being able to choose the personality as well. Honestly I agree that if you had full control over the skills nearly all my officers would look the same.

Gunnery on everything but carriers, armour/shield depending on low/high tech ship they're going to pilot, maybe endurance for destroyers, etc... There wouldn't be much originality.

Right now I hire officers with a good "base", and depending on what skills they get I swap them to this or that ship that's best suited for those skills.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My biggest problem with Officers
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 09:07:14 AM »

At least with personality, I can refuse to hire them, and just wait until another show up with the right personality.  (For those found as loot, they get fired immediately if their personality or skills are undesired.)

Having all officers the same is not a problem.  However, I do have minor variations by role.  One for carrier, one for warship, one for phase ship, and one hybrid for Odyssey or Legion.  If they get a skill I do not want, they get fired for another.  However, since I do not play Ironman (no patience for it), I simply savescum until I get the officer I want.
Pages: 1 [2]