Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Allow fighters to capture Objectives again (just not very efficiently)  (Read 1163 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

I'm imagining this being implemented through carriers being able to "target" objectives in a combat scenario and then ordering their fighters to Engage.

It's been mentioned to me that this would make frigates invalid (I don't fully agree with this cos I like frigates, but anything that keeps them relevant is good to me), so perhaps the ability of a carrier to project objective capture at insane range - and speed in the case of some fighters - could be balanced in the following ways:
- Fighters capture objectives slower than warships
- If fighters and a ship of opposing sides are both in the capture range of the objective, the point is not "contested" but is instead captured by the ship as if the fighters weren't there.

That should encourage actual ships be used to capture key objectives, and leave fighter captures more suited to the very opening stages of a battle, and also to capture "that objective over there on the side" without having to dispatch a frigate all the way out there.

Also, obviously if multiple fighter wings of opposing sides are attempting to capture a point, it would be contested as if two ships were attempting to capture it, and wouldn't capture until one side wins out over the other. Yay epic dogfights!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:41:51 PM by AxleMC131 »

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Allow fighters to capture Objectives again (just not very efficiently)
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 02:09:12 PM »

Good suggestion. More use for wasps!