Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Moderator Closed my topic for no reason  (Read 1428 times)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Moderator Closed my topic for no reason
« on: December 18, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

Gothars closed my Moniitor topic claiming it "Sounds like a rant. Closed". Im sorry but are people not allowed to rant anymore? Is this Soviet Russia now? I cant even *** swear anymore really? Is this preschool time or something because if it is I can call peoples parents. Even more so if you cant take criticism then you dont deserve to be in the business of game design do you? As far as I can tell I have noticed the mods on here getting soft and preaching fair language and yet we are adults so any more rules that are being put in here for no reason?

Gothar you closed my topic for no reason while not making any argument to back the claim that it was "sounding" like at rant nor did you rebut the  facts that I laid out. The ship is WAY to tanky even without the fortress shields. Putting avoid on them does not fix the problem nor does it help your case. And if you make ships avoid the Monitor then they have to avoid everyone around him and do you really think the ai can be trusted atm? Not to mention its a frigate so good luck avoiding something running at your face because it knows it can.

If you are going to censor me again just spit it out. If you do I can resort to ranting about it on youtube if it triggers you that much and give it a lot of bad press. This is the internet buddy stop getting triggered over words that happen to mean bad things. What is your definition of Ranting and Suggestion because I get the feeling you kind of blurred that line there. Are you making the assumption right now that rants are a bad thing to begin with?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:16:57 PM by Lopunny Zen »

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Closed my topic for no reason
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 12:30:42 PM »

If you really are an adult you can probably control your emotions and not get worked up over little things, Although I agree about the censorship part, we've come to a point in society where saying words like stupid, butt, bad, etc. are considered ''problematic'' and we have to replace them with different things. In your previous post you used mother fucker just for emphasis, it's not like you attacked someone. So yeah, mods here are pretty hardcore if you ask me. On multiple occasions they closed discussions about piracy that were perfectly civil (on a forum that's about a game), makes sense right? It's like forbidding talking about fouls in a soccer or basketball game, it's just a part of it.

And yes rules are in place for a reason, but not all rules makes sense and since they are subjective, they get abused most of the time (not here specifically) and in return it creates more problems than it solves. Sorry for my little rant but the last time I checked rants were legal.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »

Your previous post was a profanity filled mess filled entirely with complaints and without any constructive feedback; the type of comment that turns online communities into cesspools. Please do go to youtube so I don't accidentally waste my time reading that kind of thing.

If you actually want to suggest something, explain why its a problem and what your proposed solution is, so that people can weigh in and have a conversation.

Regarding the Monitor: Literally the only thing it does is not die and shoot down missiles/fighters; it is slow and has minimal firepower (that it can't even use while the fortress shield is up). It is difficult to kill quickly due to the fortress shield and will often be one of the last ships standing, but simply parking a few ships around it will flux it up and kill it in short order.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 01:07:22 PM »

I've locked this topic.

@Lopunny Zen: you've been warned about your behavior many times in the past. Please re-read the Forum Rules and Guidelines, especially Rule 1. How you say something is just as (if not more) important as what you say. There's no rule against disagreeing with how the game is designed, or asking for something you dislike to be changed. It's your - to be frank - toxic approach to discussions that breaks the rules and causes needless drama.

Also, if you have a problem with moderation, bring it up with a moderator rather than making a public post (and if you think you're being treated unfairly, you can contact a different moderator - a list can be found in the Forum Rules and Guidelines). There is no conceivable situation where trying to stir up a mob in your support will make things better, especially as publicly complaining about moderation is against the Forum Rules and Guidelines itself.

@Grievous69: Discussing software piracy is also against the Forum Rules and Guidelines, even if it remains civil.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 01:38:14 PM by LazyWizard »