Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Factions should issue bounties on chars from all factions they dislike  (Read 1107 times)

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile

Right now? Pirates today, pirates tomorrow, and pirates thursday. But factions don't just dislike pirates, some of them dislike each other too.

On a related note, if you completely eliminate a fleet in a system without a comm relay, there shouldn't be any rep loss-- because after all, no one saw you do it and lived to tell about it.

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Factions should issue bounties on chars from all factions they dislike
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 10:36:45 AM »

Right now? Pirates today, pirates tomorrow, and pirates thursday. But factions don't just dislike pirates, some of them dislike each other too.

On a related note, if you completely eliminate a fleet in a system without a comm relay, there shouldn't be any rep loss-- because after all, no one saw you do it and lived to tell about it.

NEX mod had that, like personal bounties but i stead of deserters or pirates its more like a hit man thing where you stroll up to a RNG fleet from that faction and kill them for money and rep.

Feels like something vanilla shouldnhave by default, aside from expeditions, it feels like factions are too passive with each other and especially against the players own fleet.

Torch

• Lieutenant
  • Long-time lurker and space RPG fan, neutral good
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 11:10:37 AM »

More reasons to engage in combat with ships from factions that are usually neutral or friendly would be great, with the huge variety of factions and ships in the game I hardly get to fight half of them unless I want to start picking fights with random fleets solely to get a chance to see them in combat.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:26:17 AM »

More reasons to engage in combat with ships from factions that are usually neutral or friendly would be great, with the huge variety of factions and ships in the game I hardly get to fight half of them unless I want to start picking fights with random fleets solely to get a chance to see them in combat.
Losing reputation is a big deal, mainly for accessibility on your colonies.  I would only fight other factions willingly (and only while transponder is off) if it means I can stealth rob a blueprint or their pristine nanoforge from their industry.

If I take commission, I resign the moment I build a colony.  Bad reputation kills accessibility, which means worse profits.