Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Good First Impression?  (Read 1431 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Good First Impression?
« on: December 17, 2018, 09:35:26 AM »

I keep tickling people's interest in this game on random communities but then finding myself to not have a good link to give them to really capture them. I think the homepage of the actual site is a little broad-focus (the actual 90% of the gameplay (combat) gets, like, one sentence) for people who're already sold on the concept of the game, and the trailers are all alpha -- and while not bad, the latest is 3 years old and lacks some of the wow factor the game has now (depicting a wing of kites torpedoing an onslaught in the back and actually breaking it in half is an incredible visual). Put another way; there is no perfect pasta sauce, but there are perfect pasta sauces, and while this game has plenty of good beefy meaty pasta sauce, I need creamy mushroom & herb pasta sauce and am having trouble.

ANYWAY! Gimme your good, less-than 5 minute long videos to give to somebody who's already been told what this game's features are and needs to be wowwed.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Good First Impression?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »

I like the alpha trailer from 2015 just for the audiovisual wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAvo3S0MD-o

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Good First Impression?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 10:37:09 AM »

I think gifs from Alex's twitter are quite nice.