Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a RC10] "Ghost interfaces, credit doubling on ship sales" part two  (Read 1624 times)

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile

A while back, I found and reported a bug with interface persistence in 0.8.1 which allowed you to break the game in various ways. Since upcoming changes (at the time) looked like they might fix the issue, I said I'd report back if I was able to break it again on a newer version.

Long story short, I ended up completely forgetting about the issue until a few days ago, when I managed to accidentally reproduce it again during the course of a normal game. I've done a bit of testing and it seems like the issue is still there, although I'm no longer seeing doubled credits (more like an extra 50% now, not sure what changed there).

This is the old thread, the details still apply:
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=13421.msg226303#msg226303

I've also made a video (watch in 1080p60) to try and show off the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwNhyQC_ivs

There's a little overlay thing in the top left that shows which keys I'm pressing, with what I think is a 100ms expiry on each shown key press. Keep an eye on the ship cost and my credits total -- I should have 56370 credits by the end of this, but end up with 60290 due to the ghost sale.

This was all done on an unmodded game with a fresh character. Some minor settings tweaks were in place, but I don't think they're related. I can provide the file if necessary.

Hope this helps track things down any! Let me know if you need any further details.

(and yes, 0.9 has been lovely once again -- rounding up my second of two consecutive 30-to-40-hour playthroughs now :P)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:10:16 AM by XpanD »

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC10] "Ghost interfaces, credit doubling on ship sales" part two
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 01:07:08 AM »

Bumping as this got buried by new posts. (second page)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC10] "Ghost interfaces, credit doubling on ship sales" part two
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 08:44:07 AM »

Thank you - yep, I saw! Appreciate the report.

For a lot of things that I need to leave for a bit later I'm reading them then marking them unread, but am definitely planning to go through everything at some point before the release, so I wouldn't worry about it being buried :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Finally got to this - reproduced and fixed. Thank you again for your report!

(If you're curious, this was caused by the "sell" and "pick up ship" inputs happening during the same frame, and the "pick up ship" input not respecting a "something else already clicked a button this frame" shared flag...)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 04:40:10 PM by Alex »