Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Core World NPC colonies getting decivilized  (Read 2138 times)

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
Core World NPC colonies getting decivilized
« on: December 13, 2018, 07:15:49 AM »

Happened twice in RC9, no convenient save spot to refer to. No reproduction steps discovered.

Sometimes the intel tells me that an NPC colony in the core world got decivilized. No prior warning, other than maybe mission postings I wasn't checking regularly. No player contribution or even interaction(haven't visited the system for a few cycles). Possibly after pirate raids, but purely speculative.

And there was this one run where I was actively waging war against Persean League, and one of their colony was held in 0 stability for months. the intel periodically notified me that the situation at the colony in question was getting worse, probably far longer than intended(possibly half a cycle or one full cycle), before finally succumbing and being decivilized.

Based on these events, I suspect the destabilization timer and warnings aren't working as intended. Most of the time a colony(at least NPC ones) barely sends out warning via intel before getting decivilized. Sometimes they do, for extended period of time.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Core World NPC colonies getting decivilized
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 07:26:39 AM »

I suspect they got raided to zero by monstrously large pirate fleets (multiple fleets raiding together, technically), that player can occasionally run into as well.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Core World NPC colonies getting decivilized
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »

Thank you - yeah, looks like there was a case where it could deciv without a warning being sent if stability fluctuated just right. Fixed!