Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Conquest ship build/fleet Tips?  (Read 41972 times)

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Conquest ship build/fleet Tips?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2018, 10:26:15 AM »

Hammerheads are strange. If you don't have ITU i would suggest

2x HMG, 2 LAG, 2 light Mortar (or vulcans or PD lasers) and Safety Overrides. Make sure they're on search and destroy or they're going to faff about and not kill anything

What about missiles?

And what would you do for weapons if ITU was doable?

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2018, 10:59:53 AM »

I use the Conquest as a personnal ship to attack space station, so the loadout is adapted for this role.
Front missiles are hammer barrage to crush armor, 8 torpedoes are tough to put down.
Broadside and mnv thruster allow to quickly respond to presence of enemy fleet and flux down.
Fow weapons I choose low-damage heavy heavy RoF or salvo ballistics like HAG, Autocannons and Devastator. It has double role : put down the station by attrition, and defnde against wings and missiles.
Medium missiles: Salamander to EMP the station or Pilum to force fire and flux on the module
Accelarated shield and ITU are nearly mandatory.
I found a good way to attack sttion is to desable weapons and not necesseraly to destroy the module quickly, as it always took time. So, Mjolnir should be a nice alternative.
Funnily enough I love the Conquest in this version for its versatility.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »

Before 0.9, Onslaught was the most common capital and easiest the player can get.  Now, in 0.9, Conquest is probably the most common capital used by likely enemies (Diktat and League who are easily provoked).  If you rely mostly on what you can recover, learning how to pilot Conquest and what it can use well are useful.

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2018, 07:40:09 AM »

I tend to save scum lots so I tend to go for the maximum effect.
But things are going great.
All this feedback is doing loads of work for me right now :)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2018, 09:05:06 AM »

Conquest is tough. I like flux-efficient loadouts, and with this ship in particular you have to babysit your flux. I usually slap Hardened Shields on there, but leave shields as they are otherwise, meant to be used situationally. Although I *want* to like Conquest, I haven't really warmed up to it. It's too fragile and more easily overwhelmed than the other capitals. Firepower is nice, but if you're under pressure yourself, maintaining that offense gets difficult.

I like symmetrical loadouts. HAG & HVD combo for range, Burst PD all around, Pulse Lasers & Locust SRMs. Medium missiles are up to you. Leaving them empty for more hullmods or flux stats is an option.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:06:51 AM by Schwartz »

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2018, 09:50:36 AM »

For a while, I had a (D)-mod ridden Conquest.  Instead of my usual loadout, I went Mark IX and HAG on each side, dual flak in medium ballistics, eight burst PDs, and two MIRVs or Locusts (MIRVs at first, then upgraded to Locusts after I got the blueprint).  Medium energy and missile mounts were left empty.  The only hullmod that was required was Hardened Shields.  I probably have had campaign mods (that I would not put on a pristine hull) to offset bad penalties from multiple (D) mods.  So far, with a good officer, that Conquest clunker has survived every fleet battle it got thrown at.

Now, I could replace it with a pristine hull with optimal loadout, but since it worked well so far (under AI control), I have no reason to do so.  Might as well milk its reduced cost.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:52:43 AM by Megas »

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2018, 07:19:19 AM »

when you mean pristine hull  that just means recovering it but removing all d mods right?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2018, 08:14:50 AM »

when you mean pristine hull  that just means recovering it but removing all d mods right?
Pristine means no (D) mods on hull.  It does not matter how you get it, although restoring a capital can be very expensive at over half a million credits.  I wait until I get the blueprint one way or another, and a nanoforge, and build a pristine hull if I want one.  Until then, I use a clunker and make do with it.

Otharious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2018, 12:20:01 AM »

ahh make sense :)

I myself have no issues spending cash to recover my fleet.   I suppose am weird like that haha

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2018, 02:41:29 AM »

My two cents, I always pack on the biggest baddest weapons, but only on one side. I dont ignore the shield as some people have said, but rather use all that saved OP from only having weapons on one side to make it as fast and as heavily shielded as possible. Its probably the most fun Cap imo

Tempest

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2019, 01:37:59 AM »

I just got a lucky salvage of an almost new Conquest floating in hyperspace, so I was looking for a general-purpose build for it to use as a flagship. I did some simulations with the build Lucky33 posted on page 3, but that didn't work for me. While in actual battles I'll have support from other ships, I want it to be capable of taking on some tough enemies by itself. So I swapped some weapons around and got this:

Spoiler

[close]

Tested it in the simulator 1v1 against Onslaught, 1v1 against Conquest, and 1v3 against Eagle/Falcon/Dominator. So far this build (along with some minor variations of it) was the only way I could beat those ships. It works by filling space with tons and tons of missiles while I maneuver into broadside range and launch some harpoons once the target has no shields.

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:09 AM »

Tested it in the simulator 1v1 against Onslaught, 1v1 against Conquest, and 1v3 against Eagle/Falcon/Dominator. So far this build (along with some minor variations of it) was the only way I could beat those ships.
I hope that was with no skills on the Conquest.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2019, 04:40:21 AM »

How other people fly the Conquest:

Spoiler

[close]

Tested it in the simulator 1v1 against Onslaught, 1v1 against Conquest, and 1v3 against Eagle/Falcon/Dominator. So far this build (along with some minor variations of it) was the only way I could beat those ships. It works by filling space with tons and tons of missiles while I maneuver into broadside range and launch some harpoons once the target has no shields.

How i fly Conquest:

https://youtu.be/6YcEv1B3I6Y?list=PLiXRuDp9kPDwfXfZtHhXgjT7LPJS3PvZ-&t=2910

;D ;D ;D

For talking's sake, this can also 1v1 (with skills) any capital Sim ship, all the frigates in the Sim, or triple Condor with Astral. I /may/ add a set of Mjolnir to replace one set of Hephaestuses but we'll see.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 04:44:11 AM by Cosmitz »

From a Faster Time

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2019, 06:04:28 AM »

How other people fly the Conquest:
Bit unfair to use one other guy as an example for how everybody flys Conquest.
How i fly Conquest:
https://youtu.be/6YcEv1B3I6Y?list=PLiXRuDp9kPDwfXfZtHhXgjT7LPJS3PvZ-&t=2910
You fly it with mods? Cause Squall missiles don't belong on it's sides.

Euphytose

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2019, 06:17:37 AM »

I tried the Conquest again recently, outfitted it with a Mjolnir, Hephaestus, HVD, and a Mauler on the offensive side, then two of the new big flak cannons on the other, two MIRV, no small missiles.

The flux dissipation (maxed + flux distributor) means you can fire more than enough to wreck everything, provided you're not the one getting focused, because the shield is truly, complete and utter garbage.

However, when you do have to use the shield, it becomes a mess to pilot, like all broadside ships, because unlike the AI, you can't keep track of everything and instantly judge what the biggest threat is.

At the end of the day, I could simply hop into an Onslaught and do a much better job all around. Despite the bad flux dissipation, the fact that you can vent right in the enemy's face because of your absurd armour means that it's not a problem at all.

I still maintain my position about the Conquest being the worst of all combat capitals, by a long shot. There's not a single valid reason to pilot one unless it's for the "fun factor".

Oh and by the way, even with auxiliary thrusters and the skill boosting it, the maneuverability is nothing to write home about, it's barely enough to "switch sides".

Either boost the shield to 1.0 ratio, or fully embrace that the shield is, and will forever be, trash, and instead boost something else. It doesn't have enough speed to be considered the glass cannon capital. Actually the Odyssey is probably the glass cannon capital, my bad. Something still needs to be boosted on the Conquest though.

Also the AI hasn't got a clue how to use it, making fights against it very easy and disappointing. Also doesn't help that it's the flagship of two factions. If I decided to use a single mod it'd be one that replaces the Persean League's capital by another midline ship.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:38:58 AM by Euphytose »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9