Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a] Tactical Map Screen Unpauser  (Read 2763 times)

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9a] Tactical Map Screen Unpauser
« on: December 12, 2018, 11:00:02 AM »

Small utility mod that, when you press Tab to open the tactical map, unpauses the game for you so that it continues in real time.

You can pause again afterwards if you want, but if you've ever been annoyed that the action doesn't just carry on, this mod is for you.

Download here: https://github.com/darloth/ssect-TacScreenUnpause/releases/tag/v1.0
Source here: https://github.com/darloth/ssect-TacScreenUnpause

Tested and functional in campaign and simulator.  

If anyone is really super interested, I might make a different version / setting tweak such that it slows time in the tactical map as well as unpausing, but that's dependent on whether anyone is actually interested in that, it's a fair bit harder as I'd have to avoid breaking player-piloted phase ships at the same time.

License is MIT
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:45:34 AM by Darloth »

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Tactical Map Screen Unpauser
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 05:42:32 AM »

Thanks a lot, I'm going to try it out next time I have time to play. Been a feature I've looked for a while. It's great to see more utility mods like this that alter basic features and mechanics of the game to suit player preferences.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 07:08:32 AM »

If anyone is really super interested, I might make a different version / setting tweak such that it slows time in the tactical map as well as unpausing, but that's dependent on whether anyone is actually interested in that, it's a fair bit harder as I'd have to avoid breaking player-piloted phase ships at the same time.

There's a mod that allows you to double-speed combat action that I exclusively use in the tactical map screen while piloting my Command Suite Kite(S), and thinking about it I'd only use this mod on a ship with the Command Suite hullmod and a version that does exactly OP but only if your ship has that hullmod would be an instant download for me.
(the only reason being that otherwise I mostly just use Tab to pause the game bc for some reason I don't like the way you can pause the game in the action screen lol)
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 01:48:18 PM »

Hey there, I tried this out on the random battle mssion, and it seems to work as long as you stay in your own ship. However when you start using the F key from the tactical map to view the video feeds of a ship (even your own) and then you tab back to the tactical map, it seems not to automatically unpause anymore.

Same thing in the simulator.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 02:34:12 PM »

Ahh... well, you see, when you use F to view a video feed, I don't think you actually LEAVE the command UI as such.

That said, thanks for the report, I'll have a look and see if I can improve it.

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 02:58:19 AM »

When you're on the command screen and trying to take a commander's view of things, you'll be using F quite a lot, since the map doesn't zoom in enough to provide any clarity about what's going on (basically the map has been broken since implementation).

So if you can get it to work with F, this mod will really be winning! Thanks again!