Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re-Stabilization  (Read 1797 times)

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re-Stabilization
« on: December 29, 2018, 03:08:49 AM »

With the next version of start sector not including your colonies needs in the global economy I think it will be important to preserve other colonies and those can de-civilize surprisingly easily. That in mind it would be nice if we could use marines to re-civilize colonies (at least core worlds, maybe even those random de-civilzed worlds.) to bring them back into play the player would not get control of these worlds they would revert to the prior owner or if no prior owner existed to the neutral faction.
I would also be nice if we could stabilize non hostile faction colonies that fall below 2 stability and to prevent it from being abuse-able it could give zilch rewards.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Re-Stabilization
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:07:12 AM »

It would also be nice if core worlds had better preparations to defend against common threats.  They should have stockpiles to prevent sudden death by spaceport knockout.

If a bounty expires and player has not done anything, they should send an expedition to kill it.  They send so many at your colony and not enough at their other enemies, whoever they are.

I would also be nice if we could stabilize non hostile faction colonies that fall below 2 stability and to prevent it from being abuse-able it could give zilch rewards.
Preserving long-term profits is reward enough.  The main reason to stabilize them and not take their planet is because you want their money through commerce with your colonies.

Recklessimpulse

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Re-Stabilization
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »

That would add a nice bit of verisimilitude as well :D