Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: A refit UI nitpick  (Read 1521 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
A refit UI nitpick
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:57:42 AM »

This is just a tiny thing, but it keeps bothering me: could the hullmod overlay ("Add") in the refit menu please close after clicking anywhere outside it? I'm not sure why, but its visual design with the transparent pop-up and the dark overlay over the background strongly suggest that should be possible. I keep clicking to the left and right before remembering that I have to hit A or the little "go back" button.

Alternatively, lose the transparency effect.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: A refit UI nitpick
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »

The silliest thing is that ''go back'' isn't even connected to the hull mod window. First time I was in a refit screen it took me half a minute to exit. Spent 20 second clicking around like a maniac then checking if my mouse is working. I'm all for fluidity, it's not like we're gonna lose something if we accidentally exit the window.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »

Btw - you can actually right-click outside to dismiss it. This is true with most dialogs in the game.

I'm not sure why, but its visual design with the transparent pop-up and the dark overlay over the background strongly suggest that should be possible.

Hmm - I think I can see what you're getting at, yeah. In any case, this is pretty trivial to add, so: done.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

Great, thanks! :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 11:25:55 AM »

Btw - you can actually right-click outside to dismiss it. This is true with most dialogs in the game.

Is this already in game or coming in 0.9.1a? Because I'm pretty sure right-clicking does nothing now, even tried it in different windows.
Please don't take me too seriously.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 11:29:54 AM »

This is nice, but I don't think the player is ever told that. Even then, I don't feel like it's obvious where you can right-click to exit. Starsector's no Endless Legend.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »

Thanks for doing this :)

For information in case it comes up again; I was also intuitively left clicking outside the window to close it