Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Base Game And Modded Game Carriers  (Read 1473 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Base Game And Modded Game Carriers
« on: December 05, 2018, 05:23:28 PM »

So, I've noticed a little something going on in my game, and it likely goes for base game as well. If it's a feature, ignore this post.

Carriers in bounty fleets, like deserters and such do not at any circumstances carry any fighters/bombers.

It's all guns, and tough hulls due to an over-abundance of the following, below.

Reinforced Bulkheads
Blast Doors
Hardened Subsystems
Unstable Injector

As I said before, if it's a feature, ignore it, but I would at least like to bring it to your notice, since mods are affected by this too.

as seen here, 3 different instances, the Starblazer being the clearest example. The Mora, at the very least, had fighters/bombers. Extremely rare to see a carrier have any fighters/bombers in a bounty fleet, unless they're built in.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Base Game And Modded Game Carriers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 05:40:14 PM »

Hmm - this seems probably like it's a mod-related issue? I mean, regardless of hullmods, you'd think that at least Talons would end up being mounted, so it seems like something else would be in play.

Here's a quick screenshot of the first bounty with carriers I happened to find just now:

https://imgur.com/xOs3DjL

I suppose it's possible some autofit changes have fixed this, but I'm 99% sure I've run into bounties with carriers while playtesting prior to the release and they had fighters.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 06:41:27 PM »

Alright, well, i'll ask around and see if anything changes this.

I'm quite mid-late way into the playthrough and fully established a colony, if you need more details.

Currently with a capital ship in the fleet and quite a lot of carriers.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:00:34 AM »

I've heard suggestions on Discord (well, by one person) that deserter fleets don't autofit properly if the source faction and pirates don't have overlap in the weapons/fighter wings they use.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:29:10 AM »

Is it only with Stop Gap Measure it's happening. Got the same problem on my side. Since it's not a feature I've must have miss something in the .faction files. I will look a it in the next few days

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »

I've heard suggestions on Discord (well, by one person) that deserter fleets don't autofit properly if the source faction and pirates don't have overlap in the weapons/fighter wings they use.

(That specifically seems super unlikely, which faction's weapons etc get used for autofit is an either/or situation, there's no code to compute an overlap etc. A quick look at a TriTach deserter bounty in vanilla confirms that seems to be working - an Astral, a couple Herons, and lots of fighters. Although, it does look like it's pulling weapons/fighters from the pirate set, which it probably shouldn't be, so, made a note.)