Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a RC10] Doom's Mines don't register as dangerous to friendly ships  (Read 899 times)

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I was wondering why my own ships are so cavalier about flying right into friendly mine range and die. Then I noticed they don't collide with friendly mines, much as they don't with friendly missiles - except mines can explode on a timer instead of on enemy contact, which messes with friendly AI.

As an aside, I was hoping Missile Specialization levels 2 and 3 would affect mines. Alas, they don't.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:19:29 AM by Embolism »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC10] Doom's Mines don't register as dangerous to friendly ships
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 01:05:58 PM »

Thank you for the report! They were actually aware, but only leaving themselves a second to react, which wasn't enough much of the time. Increased that to 3; seems to work pretty well.

As an aside, I was hoping Missile Specialization levels 2 and 3 would affect mines. Alas, they don't.

Ah, interesting - level 2 was applying, but level 3 wasn't. Turns out this was a two-fold bug - 1) bonus missile damage not applying to mines in general, and 2) bonus missile damage not applying to explosions from missiles, with affected both mines and torpedoes. Fixed both of these.