Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a RC10] (minor) Stacking in-system trade mission exploit  (Read 792 times)

Elfnet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.9a RC10] (minor) Stacking in-system trade mission exploit
« on: December 04, 2018, 02:05:58 PM »

I run into a minor issue (I hesitate to call it a bug).

Sometimes when you arrive in a system, one or more system-specific trade mission appear (bring X ammount of goods into Y). Thats OK, but it is common, that you got a mission to bring something, what you can easily get in the system's other station.

Thats still OK, but rarely you get 3-4 mission one after another to bring the same goods into the same in-system planet (often more or less the same ammount).
The real problem (exploit): if you deliver one of these, that is appearing in the station's (regular) market, so you can buy it back and give it to the other guy for profit (in the same planet).

On an unrelated note: since 0.9, you could accept trading missions for hostile factions, but if you got a small fleet, half of the time it is impossible to deliver, because the planet "produce" infinite ammount of fleets, which attack you one after another (even after one fleet attacked and in "cooldown" state), even when you bring the mission's required goods (basicly what they ordered, despite they know that I delivering it and when they destroy my ships, they destroy the stuff what they need).

(I don't use any mods. I have some photos to show the problem, but cannot upload any of them).

Update: maybe I was mistaken: I got another 5 in-system trading missions at once for the same goods to the same location, but when I delivered them, the goods don't pop up back on the market, so maybe that part was just a huge coincidence (but it is still easy to milk these missions).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:18:12 PM by Elfnet »