Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Easier multi-stack transfer  (Read 3906 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Easier multi-stack transfer
« on: December 02, 2018, 02:04:48 AM »

Shift+clicking a stack of items sells/transfers it. It would be a great QOL feature if shift+clicking and dragging the cursor over multiple stacks would move them all. Maybe dragging the cursor vertically could even transfer all the items in the horizontal row in that the drag was started.

At the moment it is rather annoying to unload/sell the dozens of weapon types you collect every time you leave port to fight.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Easier multi-stack transfer
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:03:54 AM »

Alex already added such a function in 0.9, but it's disabled by default. you gotta change "altMouseMoveToMassTransfer" in settings.json.

it's a bit flaky, which i assume is why it's disabled, but i still find it a great QoL addition.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:04:15 AM »

(Yeah - I think it works as far as the main use case goes, but it tends to misfire when you're alt-tabbing...)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 09:16:15 AM »

Wouldn't it make sense for it to be Control + mouse pressed + drag? That wouldn't interfere with anything I can think of, and it would be a natural continuance of ctrl-click to move stack.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »

yeah, i agree, i feel it would work better as button + click + drag, rather than just button + drag, whether with ctrl or alt.

Nociam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 03:55:46 AM »

I searched the forums a lot, saw this solution, but I believe that many people really need is just a button to move all items from the base to the fleet or the reverse. For example, when using a store and wanting to store all my weapons and get all my weapons and others, I have to click on items and keep scrolling on each tab. If I had a button to move all items on the current tab, I could click on the tab and move all my weapons or all of my features. That would make it much easier to move from one to the other. It looks like this workaround used by this player. https://www.reddit.com/r/starsector/comments/ditmqf/mass_transfer_alt_key_and_autohotkey_script_for/ If you see two videos playing on youtube, one of them will be working. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-z50VpZlSg&feature=youtu.be
This is very useful for selling or storing all weapons after combat.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 04:16:35 AM by Nociam »