Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Failed to retrieve latest SS version  (Read 1524 times)

DaddyO

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Failed to retrieve latest SS version
« on: November 30, 2018, 09:21:32 PM »

Not sure if this is correct place to post it, but today when I got home from work and the movies, I started up SS and got this error.  Other night played and got no such error.  I have not updated some of the mods I am using but the game did not crash when I started to play.  None the less I wanted to share this information and ask if I am doing something wrong or do I need to update all the mods and this will correct itself. 

Here is a screenshot of what I am getting.  https://imgur.com/fx1SnYs

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to retrieve latest SS version
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:30:10 PM »

(This message is from the Version Checker mod; not super familiar with the details myself, but moving it here since that seems appropriate.)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
Re: Failed to retrieve latest SS version
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:43:47 PM »

Ah, Version Checker matches a mod's (and the game's) version against a version file on BitBucket. So what you're seeing means that Version Checker is incapable of matching versions for one reason or another, likely because BitBucket is down or some connection tomfoolery.

It won't stop you from plaything though, so no need to worry about it, just that so long as the error persists you won't be able to check the update status of stuff while in game.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.