Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getting rid of "Decivilized" colony status?  (Read 22649 times)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
Getting rid of "Decivilized" colony status?
« on: November 29, 2018, 04:13:03 PM »

So one of the Pirates screwed up big time and their Qaras base got nuked by Shadowyards, now the base is abandoned and I decided "Hey, they got some good stuff in it, better "Borrow" it from them".

Paid a hefty "fine" to tell shadowyard guys to shove it while I mine the base for some tech (Oddly enough, it lacks ruins but I can put a Tech-mining industry in it). Now this "Decivilized" status is there and I lost it once since I failed to make it stable enough. Is there a way to remove it or is it gonna stay there to haunt my dreams for the rest of the cycles to come?

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rid of "Decivilized" colony status?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 05:34:16 PM »

Decivilized cant be removed but it is actually very beneficial to population growth.

Flying Birdy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 08:15:06 PM »

FYI you can remove decivilized by colonizing a planet and abandoning it.

That said though, if you want to tech mine the ruins first, make sure you mine it!!! Then abandon it to remove the -3 stability.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 05:58:53 AM »

That is a nice trick.  The population bonus is dwarfed by incentives.  Stability and hazard penalty is not worth it.  Being able to remove decivilized is very nice for a new colony meant to be permanent.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 06:15:51 AM »

i always felt like it should be something you can get rid of. even if it means you have to get to a high level of population.. like a level 9 or 10 planet.. at that point with literal Billions of people on a planet is it really "decivilized" any more.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 06:28:38 AM »

Reduce the effects of the decivilised condition by 1/3 of the original value for every 2 population levels of the colony.

Size 3 colony: -3 stability, 100% current growth bonus
Size 5 colony: -2 stability, 66% growth bonus
Size 7 colony: -1 stability, 33% growth bonus
Size 9 colony: Decivilised condidtion removed