Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Am I done? Or am I missing something? Help?  (Read 4484 times)

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Am I done? Or am I missing something? Help?
« on: November 29, 2018, 01:02:23 PM »

Ok... so I got the new update... its cool... dont get me wrong...

I did all the missions I could find...  I've done a lap around the outside of the map.. stoping here and there for distress signals, and following any leads I might have....

I got 7 pretty healthy settlements going... I have a fleet that can take down anything and everything I come up against without any losses.  (I once took on like 500 ships like it was nothing, all the fleets on the screen somehow combined against me in one huge megafight)

I can freely waltz into any system and completely crush any planet I want, tossing all the ships aside on my way.

I've found a mothership that was pretty cool, but I didn't get to salvage it, just blow it up... I've found a lot AI cores.

Remnate doesn't really seem to do anything... they had a cool battleship at the red planet but it blew up.

So... what do I do now? am I done?  is there more?

I mean is it possible to do something else?  Is there more secrets to be found out there?

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Am I done? Or am I missing something? Help?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »

Generally as far as I'm aware, with the game being a sandbox there's no real endgame story. Once you get to the point where you can carpet-bomb planets and wipe out multiple sector fleets at a time and take down [REDACTED] battlestations easily, it's entirely up to you.

If you get bored with it at that point, you could always restart and try a different path. Or experiment with different fleet/ship compositions/designs.

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:54:30 PM »

So there is no giant bug of doom hiding somewhere in the fringes for me to find and try to kill?  or lost planet that unlocks remnate tech?  or a Rainbow world somewhere full of ultra rich minerals?  Or a gas giant inhabited by gas people that sent probes all around the galaxy to explore space for them?  Or a race of people that enslave there own kind in the corner of the map, only to burn them for fuel during combat?  Or a race of Scottish noble pterodactyl people?  Or a race of energy sucking suicide people that lost their favorate toy?  Or a race of plant people? Or a planet of Rhinos that fly tiny fast ships?  Or maybe a planet of ruins that leads to the shocking discovery that its inhabitants opened a gateway to another dimension and some*thing* came thru and had *dinner* with them.  I feel like maybe there should be some way to activate those gates at least?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:00:23 PM by Typo91 »

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 02:01:32 PM »

The game is an alpha, this patch is still adding core gameplay mechanics. The endgame content has not been added to the game yet.

gladius2metal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 03:06:15 PM »

Once you get to the point where you can carpet-bomb planets and wipe out multiple sector fleets at a time and take down [REDACTED] battlestations easily

how do you this btw.? I have tried Astral with Paragon, but I can barely make a dent into them, yet, I have no problems with other enemies.

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 05:32:57 PM »

They key to destruction of remnant base lies in unshielded battle modules between shield arcs - once they are down base is a done deal.

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 12:03:05 AM »

There is a remnant base somewhere I am missing?

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 12:08:33 AM »

By base i meant remnant nexus star bases which can be found in red beacon systems.

Intaka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 12:25:26 AM »

SS is an excellent, excellent game. I enjoy the ship customization immensely. I enjoy the fleet composition tensions immensely. I enjoy the campaign missions as drivers of "something to do". I enjoy the stand alone missions. I enjoy the faction conflict back and forth (as it existed in Nexerelin in 8.1).

I completely acknowledge that the game is in alpha, and the full gameplay is still in development.

You're not wrong though @Typo91. SS is definitely not quite there yet as a finished product, even when taken into consideration that it's a sandbox game.

I have every fervent hope that it makes it across that elusive finish line as one of the great computer games of 2025 though. Alex has created some absolutely AMAZING things in this game, and I mean that whole heartedly. I just hope they don't get discarded in eventual reviews as "Had promise, lacking finish."

experiencedickerson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 12:49:08 AM »

Endgame content is in demand. Various concepts can be tested with mods and well understood by the time they are implemented in the base game. There are some interesting ideas have been exemplified by other games such as space rangers and x3 lu.

gladius2metal

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 04:26:50 AM »

They key to destruction of remnant base lies in unshielded battle modules between shield arcs - once they are down base is a done deal.

thank you!