Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Assorted minor bugs and issues  (Read 2832 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Assorted minor bugs and issues
« on: November 25, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »

I'll will add other small stuff as I come across it.

- An inconsistency: You can't learn modspecs during salvage. You can learn blueprints.

- Bug or edge case? In any case, the text "most come through" doesn't make sense here.

- "w" shoudl probaby show fuel range on the map, like in the intel UI, for consistency.

- The [redacted] ships around the red  planet seem to have pirate names ("Old Earth or Bust")
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:51:19 PM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted minor bugs and issues
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:32:03 PM »

Thank you - made a note to go through these.

- An inconsistency: You can't learn modspecs during salvage. You can learn blueprints.

You can learn stuff when there's no transaction in progress, either during salvage or otherwise. At least, unless I'm wrong and something does prevent modspecs from being learnable during salvage :)

joyjumper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 12:34:49 AM »

You are able to learn modspecs during salvage.
You are NOT able to learn modspecs, while transferring goods (just need to confirm or abort transaction and then you can learn all you want).

AsterPiano

• Ensign
  • AKA TheLochNessCheeseBurger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »

When a ship's sensor profile is changed due to hullmods, increases to sensor profile are shown with a green number in the stats, and decreased sensor profile with red, as if to say that more sensor profile is better.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 08:59:00 AM »

When a ship's sensor profile is changed due to hullmods, increases to sensor profile are shown with a green number in the stats, and decreased sensor profile with red, as if to say that more sensor profile is better.

(Thank you! This came up a while back elsewhere; fixed it up the other day!)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 04:28:45 PM »

Somehow, I got into this tiny broken simulator. Hid some random key, I think? Can't reproduce it  now, I know that's not very helpful, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Spoiler

[close]

« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:41:34 PM by Gothars »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »

Weeeird. Just to confirm: not in dev mode? Somehow this looks vaguely familiar...

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »

No devmode. I might also have clicked at some weird place. Well, if its very hard to reproduce it's a pretty harmless bug:)

Btw, I just had a Falcon activate escape burn drives after being flamed out, and still facing in the wrong direction. It ended up burning across the entire battlefield and escaping on the other side.

You can learn stuff when there's no transaction in progress, either during salvage or otherwise. At least, unless I'm wrong and something does prevent modspecs from being learnable during salvage :)

It did not work in the case where I tried it, but maybe there are specific conditions for that to be the case. I'll try it again later.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:46:20 PM by Gothars »

Dread Pirate Robots

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »

A couple little things:

The textures of fighters and bombers seems to be distorted - like they have severe jpeg artifacts - if they're coming from a ship with converted hangars. I turned off all my mods and this was still the case. The textures are fine from regular carriers.

I've been getting a ton of nebula class ships that I can salvage from debris fields. This might be intentional but it happens constantly, and I'm pretty sure sometimes from fleets that had no nebula class in them although I can't say that for sure.

Berserkers never show up in derelict battles. This one's an easy fix, it's just missing the derelict tag in the ship_data file.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 10:05:05 PM »

The textures of fighters and bombers seems to be distorted - like they have severe jpeg artifacts - if they're coming from a ship with converted hangars. I turned off all my mods and this was still the case. The textures are fine from regular carriers.

Yep - that's an overlay that shows they're messed up. Same deal as ships with d-mods.

I've been getting a ton of nebula class ships that I can salvage from debris fields. This might be intentional but it happens constantly, and I'm pretty sure sometimes from fleets that had no nebula class in them although I can't say that for sure.

That should be fixed in the latest hotfix, RC10.

Berserkers never show up in derelict battles. This one's an easy fix, it's just missing the derelict tag in the ship_data file.

Yep, thank you - fixed this up in the dev version!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 10:06:37 PM »

Btw, I just had a Falcon activate escape burn drives after being flamed out, and still facing in the wrong direction. It ended up burning across the entire battlefield and escaping on the other side.

I'll keep an eye out - I wonder exactly how that happened. Doesn't seem like too big a deal, though.

It did not work in the case where I tried it, but maybe there are specific conditions for that to be the case. I'll try it again later.

Hmm, odd!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 01:31:13 AM »

This relay is under control.
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

And just in case you din't see it in the other thread: I just fought and salvaged a Paragon with dedicated targeting core installed, additionally to the advanced TC. It get's deleted as soon as I change anything about hullmods, though.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:36:47 AM by Gothars »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »

Fixed up the remnant relay one just now; yep, saw the one about the Paragon!

Still need to go through the other stuff, though.

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 12:09:45 PM »

I've seen this before, usually it happens when I try to flame them out right after they activate the escape.  One side will get flamed out and then they'll turn around slowly as the AI tries to turn the ship the other way.  Eventually it just blasts across the battlefield and escapes on any side of the map.  It seems that if you get far enough off the map on any side your ship retreats.  (Burn drives into things that take you way off the edge are still hilarious in my book)
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.