Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orbital Stations? Whats the difference?  (Read 26416 times)

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Orbital Stations? Whats the difference?
« on: November 25, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »

High Tech, Low Tech and Midline? What is the difference between them?
--
Truthowl

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Orbital Stations? Whats the difference?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 07:11:13 PM »

Same as ships: style, plus weapon types.

Low tech: All ballistic.
Mid: Mix of ballistic and energy.
High tech: All energy.

There's a few other minor details between the stations, like how many mines, defense drones, etc., but ultimately it's just an aesthetic choice. They have the same overall combat effectiveness.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »

There's a few other minor details between the stations, like how many mines, defense drones, etc., but ultimately it's just an aesthetic choice. They have the same overall combat effectiveness.
Not entirely.  The Low-Tech orbital station favors high armor along with ballistics.  High-Tech favors energy weapons and puts an emphasis on bombers, with the hanger modules getting the Recall Device ship system.  The Midline orbital station has all the weapons chunked onto one side with a faster rotation rate, and if it faces the right target can chunk even a battleship in one pass.

All the stations gain a minefield and some type of defense drone when reaching the final tier, however.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:58:48 PM »

Thank you for the info and help.
--
Truthowl

Eji1700

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 10:21:38 PM »

Just to add i was pleasantly surprised with how effective the midline was (i'm building one of each to test, but have only done the low tech and midline so far).

Took out 4 conquests and their supporting fleet solo.  Now that varied a little on test runs (sometimes it lost) and was helped by me having cobra bombers (they carry reapers), but the ability of the station to just vaporize ships as it passes is nuts.