Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Importing...?  (Read 2378 times)

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Importing...?
« on: November 25, 2018, 05:40:29 PM »

Is there any detailed info about importing exporting?

Specifically I just built a colony on a planet that has no farmland. So I apparently have to haul food there manually. But from my last play through I remember getting information about imports. So I'm wondering if my colony will import it's own food since it knows it can't produce it. Also, considering this I'd like to know what does get imported and why?

:)
--
Truthowl

Dragon239

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Importing...?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 05:46:02 PM »

It'll all be imported automatically, you just need to build a spaceport for it to actually be able to trade.

The colony will import things to satisfy the "Demands" an industry has (which you can see via hovering your cursor over the industry). Note that it only needs to import the highest demand needed.
For example if, say, your Patrol HQ needs 3 Fuel but your Orbital Station needs 4, it'll import 4 Fuel, and that'll feed both. Not that you have to do anything either way, really.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 05:54:01 PM »

Yes, a colony will import any materials it lacks, including those needed to run other facilities.  You can bring up the colony management screen and hover over the resources on the right hand side to find out where it's coming from and how much.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Truthowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 06:10:47 PM »

Thank you for the information, both of you.
--
Truthowl