Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a RC9] CTD on 2nd round of expedition battle (NullPointerException)  (Read 936 times)

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hi,

Disclaimer - I am not certain whether this belongs here or in vanilla section, as I am running exclusively cosmetic mods, with no effect on gameplay. If necessary, please move it to regular Bug Reports & Support.

Seems my save is bugged now. Persean fleet is attacking my main base, I'm joining the fight. I blow up majority of their fleet on the first go, they retreat. When I attempt to join the engagement for round two, having switched my flagship to the second bomber Astral, it crashes with NullPointerException.

Reproducible - it happens every time.

Attaching my log file. The end of log says:

1098635 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.if.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Mod list:

Lightshow .140
Common Radar 2.5
Console Commands 3.0
LazyLib 2.4b
Leading Pip 1.8.3
Audio Plus 1.1.1
Graphics Lib 1.3.0

@EDIT1: Seems it was fairly situational. Reloading the save and mocking about a little instead of immediately joining the ongoing battle caused the crash to no longer happen.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:34:29 AM by Wapno »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC9] CTD on 2nd round of expedition battle (NullPointerException)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 10:00:45 AM »

Do you happen to still have the save where it does happen reliably? That would be super helpful in tracking this down. If you do, could you send it to fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com?

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a RC9] CTD on 2nd round of expedition battle (NullPointerException)
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 01:56:29 PM »

Yes I do, I saved it up just in case. As requested, I'm sending it to you, however there's something to point out - I've loaded this save up one more time to 0.9a RC10 and suddenly it stopped crashing the game. Not sure if I did something different this time or something in the new version has changed.