Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Intel screen (events tab) feedback  (Read 664 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Intel screen (events tab) feedback
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:23:28 PM »

I'm sure the Intel screen is a work-in-progress anyhow, but here are my thoughts:

It's extremely hard to scan-read the filters the way they're arranged at the moment (not logically ordered; text labels are neither left-aligned nor regularly spaced).

- Instead of the horizontal flow layout below the map, they should be to the right of the map; 1 element per row. (e.g. this)
- They should also be alphabetically ordered.
- If some are important enough to appear out of order, they should be grouped separately.

This will make the screen much easier to use, and also easier to localise.

More generally;

- The colour coding is good; can it be expanded upon?
- the "New!" tag given to events is good.
- Replace 'New' filter with 'Recent'.
Change its meaning from "events that haven't been viewed yet" to "events that happened within the last x days, but have not yet expired.".
Reasoning: Atm it's too easy to click an event, then lose track of it because it no-longer appears in 'new' where you 1st found it.
Analogy: Your Husband/Wife/Partner/Parent 'helpfully' tidied away your stuff before you'd finished using it.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:32:22 PM by TJJ »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Intel screen (events tab) feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »

Reasoning: Atm it's too easy to click an event, then lose track of it because it no-longer appears in 'new' where you 1st found it.

game became vastly easier to play after I realized I can click on news events as they pop up, then click the exclamation mark to mark them as important and then only ever use the important tab of the intel screen
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then