Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.9a RC10] Sudden massive performance degradation (returning to core systems)  (Read 1289 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Upon returning to the core systems (within range of the comm relays) my frame rate tanked.
Typically 60fps 80% idle; immediately dropped to 40fps, 50% idle, and drops as low as 30fps, 10% idle when time accelerating.

To double check I stopped what I was doing in the background (OBS recording & Twitch), but the lag continued.

Cycle 217, 11 colonies.
Lag only occurs when time is passing.

If you move away from the core worlds, the lag immediately disappears.

Thankfully it's reproducible in this save:

here
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:41:37 PM by TJJ »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you! Fixed this up. Was caused by a bug in fleet spawning logic that caused specific Hegemony expedition fleets to spawn and then despawn every frame.

In the meantime, I believe this should get resolved eventually if you just let the game run.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The same thing happens when a pirate raid is over and all those fleets return to hyperspace. If you're in hyperspace then, FPS takes a nosedive.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Probably the same issue, yeah.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Btw: found an ongoing slow leak based on this save, so that was super helpful! Should cut down savefile and memory use for that one by about half when fixed.