Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.9a RC10] Simultaneous events leading to incorrect UI state  (Read 693 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
[0.9a RC10] Simultaneous events leading to incorrect UI state
« on: November 23, 2018, 01:50:26 PM »

I haven't managed to reproduce this yet, but here's what I was doing:

- I was auto-piloting to one of my colonies. Not sure how close I was, perhaps 1 tick away from docking. I was not manually paused.
- Entered the map screen (not sure if I'd gone directly into the Map, or via Intel/Command)
- On the map I LMB'ed one of my other colonies (in a different system), and selected 'Show colony info'. (to bring up the colony view)
- Map closed, colony view opened, but it displayed the colony I was auto-piloting to, not the one I'd selected in the map.

At this point I assumed nothing had gone wrong, and thought merely that reaching my destination had taken precedence over my UI input.
Though in retrospect I should have realised that I'd somehow managed to skip the colony main menu!

- Did some stuff in the colony.
- Closed down colony view, expecting to return to flight.
- Flight resumed (the various in-flight UI elements were present & time was progressing), however my camera was not on my fleet, it was stuck in a close-up of the colony I'd selected in the map. (The camera position that's used for the colony window background)
- I had to bring up another UI window, then exit out of it, to get rid of the incorrect camera position.

I think the transition to the colony window occurring in the same tick as arriving at my destination caused the wrong 'previous camera position' to get pushed into whatever variable stores the return state for the colony screen background camera.

I'll keep trying to reproduce this, and update the bug when I lock it down.
Just putting this here as a reminder that it exists.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 03:29:40 PM by TJJ »