Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Skill Changes, Part 2 (07/15/21)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew  (Read 51489 times)

Dragoth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2021, 09:53:28 AM »

Just like in rimworld... War crimes are fun!

Nicegye00

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Capture Officers and Crew
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2021, 06:00:36 PM »

I think I should put this down as it was stated very early on and also is somewhat noticeable.

This mod is really fun to play around with and use as I like the idea that with each human battle I fight I can take on the captive crew in a fight and then convert or slaughter them for reasons, but the actual implication of officers has, with 0.95a, been unbalanced like mad. Most AI that spawn in fleets now usual can carry a fair number of max level officers around with more respectable factions having them with steady and cautious leaving the need to hire officers and leveling them up entirely unnecessary as I can grab a level 5 officer and the chance they break right to start is 80%. Ok so maybe I can forgive that, because then of course said officers seem to be a common thing right? maybe I don't want to leave it to a 1 in 5 chance they resist? Well the cost of hiring the person on is also extremely dumbed down too as the leveling system doesn't account for level 5 being the max level. Now again, forgivable.

Small thing I noticed is that officers from mods that seem to clearly use AI that aren't normal for instance still is a problem. I'm not saying that they're broken or overpowered mind that, but I think it's a bit strange the nanite mass of strange pixel's (Hazard Mining)can be brought on as well, and now for really cheap.

The next unbalance is in the form of higher level officers. Sometimes certain fleet's might contain an above level cap officer in their ranks and of course any officer above level cap is rather good to have. With how the present system is though, I capture a level 7 or 8 officer? Super cheap still and now I have an anointed god of tactical prowess flying in my fleet.

Perhaps updating this to be a bit more balanced and compatible with other mods maybe? Considering the later has already been brought up, I'd have thought it would have been looked at before.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]